Re: [howardpubliced] re: high school coaches..

  • Glenn Amato
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
      Mary

      Your question is showing the reason that I hesitated to even bring up that
      possibility. Look at how you ignored the other possibilities and
      immediately tried to say I was making allegations of racism. This is why I
      pondered long on this. But I think that we should look at all options no
      matter how unpleasent they may be. Let me ask you a question. Do you think
      if the roles had been reversed and it was a white principal who broke the
      rules that racism would not have been questioned?

      As far as what do I "have to back up that allegation" is no allegation has
      been made other then in your mind. All I am doing is asking questions.
      Racism is a disease that knows no race. All races are subject to this
      disease. To ignore the possibilities is to allow this disease to spread.

      I hope I did not sound harsh with my response but it was a diffucult subject
      to broach.

      Glenn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
        Glen,

        Did you read the editorial in the Ho. Co. times yesterday that Joe Staubb submitted? Why Ms. Day did what she did does not matter as much as what she did. She broke the law, apparently with knowledge that she did so. Should that not be enough to have her removed? I don't think that she sets a very good example.

        I also agree with you that if a white principal had chosen a non-minority teacher over the minority teacher that heck would have broken loose. We cannot have this kind of behavior from anyone, and to leave it unpunished is very wrong from where I am sitting.

        Just an opinion. NOT an accusation.

        Melody
      • Steve-Jen Swanhart
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2001
          Glenn,
          Right on target! For years there has been a White privilege in this
          county, Many people of ALL races have fought this injustice, but you can
          not eradicate it by creating on equal and opposite injustice.
          Steve

          GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
          http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.