Re: [howardpubliced] Re: endorsed Bounds

  • bob rosebrough
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 2, 2000
      Couldn't agree more!! Get real, however. Condemning commercial land would
      encompass developers, the bidness community and their lawyers. The land
      would be condemned at some astronomical cost. There is land available in
      the northeast, but it is zoned industrial/commercial and is not affordable.
      A great site for a new high school would have been the former University of
      Maryland horse farm on Rt 108, which is being developed. The land belonged
      to the people of the state of Maryland, but acquisition would have entailed
      Chuckie Ecker actually doing something 10 yr ago. By the way, oh yee in the
      hunt country, notice that the U of MD hog farm in Clarkesville contains nary
      a pig in sight. Nice piece of land to sell to developers to enhance the
      College Kark campus!!

      BobR
      Schools are a more desirable neighbor than high rise office buildings.

      http://profiles.msn.com