Fwd: Maintenance Code

  • Laura Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2000
      This was a post on another egroup that I find important to share with
      this group. Please contact the council members ASAP, as well as
      Mr.Robey.

      Laura

      Dear *******,

      Thank you for contacting my office regarding Council Bill 48-2000 the
      Property
      Maintenance Code. I am also concerned about the intrusive nature of
      this
      legislation.

      Mandating lifestyle and personal decisions is not the proper role of
      government.
      Such rules and regulations are best left up to individual
      communities. What
      may
      be acceptable in one neighborhood may not be in another. I believe
      that the
      people of Howard County are intelligent enough to make those
      decisions for
      themselves.

      The Property Maintenance Code will go up for a vote before the
      Council on
      Monday,
      November 6, 2000. In the meantime, it is important that you inform
      the other
      Council Members of your opposition to this legislation. Thus far,
      Councilman
      Kittleman and I are the only Council Members opposing 48-2000.

      I would also recommend that you educate your friends and neighbors
      about the
      implications of this restrictive legislation. Please find attached, a
      legislative alert Councilman Kittleman and I have developed in order
      educate
      others about 48-2000. I encourage you to share it with as many
      people as
      possible.

      Again, thank you for contacting my office. If I can be of further
      assistance,
      please contact me or my assistant Anne Hubbard at 410-313-2001.

      Sincerely,

      Christopher J. Merdon

      Christopher J. Merdon
      Howard County Council, District 1