Status of "customer satisfaction" & HCEA surveys

  • Diana Talabac
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27 12:18 PM
      In trying to find SOMETHING to put in my first newsletter of the year
      (since I don't usually get material given to me like I assume happens at
      other schools), I asked the HCPSS Public Info office about the results of
      that "customer satisfaction survey" which we all took last spring.

      When it was first given, two years ago, the results were available for
      publication by this time of the year.

      But not this year. I was told that it won't be out til "October." I don't
      know why. I guess I was too dismayed/frustrated to even want to know. (Like
      what can be done about any delay, anyway?)

      When (if) I finally get my hands on ours, I will let this List know so that
      other PTAs can try to disseminate the results for their schools.

      On a similarly successful note, my request to our local HCEA rep for
      results from our school from their survey to their members this past spring
      was denied. I was told results by school are not for publication, but she
      did give me the results for the county.

      This is a bar graph of Satisfaction Level (on a scale of 1 - 4, by
      half-points) vs. 30 items, from "feel successful" to "alternative schedule"
      and "willing students" and the like. (These items are identified only by a
      few words each.) There are data points plotted also for "1998"--was there a
      survey that year, too?

      Whereas I appreciate having her respond with even this rather than a terse,
      "no data available," what I received was not very useful. The items plotted
      are not very descriptive. And with apparently teachers from every school,
      every level, averaged together, I think the value of their responses gets
      watered down.

      Hmmm...my newsletter issue continues to shrink. :-(

      --Diana