Re: [howardpubliced] Re: Superintendent's Entry Plan

  • Ann De Lacy
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5, 2013
      Cindy, you are absolutely right.  I stand corrected.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 4, 2013, at 10:08 PM, cynthia vaillancourt <CynthiaVaillancourt@...> wrote:

      Not to be argumentative, Ann, but we can only assure that we will exercise our INDIVIDUAL responsibility to exercise oversight to provide checks and balances.    We can initiate the conversation, but without 3 other Board Members we cannot accomplish any action.  HUGE distinction.  The community needs to remain vigilant.

      cindy v

      To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
      From: anndelacy@...
      Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:15:18 -0400
      Subject: Fwd: [howardpubliced] Re: Superintendent's Entry Plan

      From: Ann DeLacy <anndelacy1@...>
      Date: April 4, 2013 9:00:19 PM EDT
      To: "howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com" <howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com>

      All in good time, Fred, all in good time...lol.  As Cindy wrote earlier, Dr. Foose is being very deliberate in her approach to problem solving.  Rest assured though, Cindy and I can assure you that the HCPSS BOE will exercise the oversight necessary to have checks and balance.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:09 PM, "fsnyder22" <fsnyder22@...> wrote:

      Cindy and Ann,

      You 2 have many more opportunities to interact with Dr. Foose, and are privy to much more information, than most of us and I trust your cautiously optimistic assessments. I also appreciate a more deliberate approach to assessing the problem, reviewing the data/information and then making changes to arrive at the goal; it's certainly better than the "let's change (or do something) because someone thinks it's a good idea" approach of the previous ten years.

      The Progress Report is what Dr. Foose is putting forth for the public and so that is what I am responding to. She makes some sweeping statements that I am afraid may come back to bite her, and aren't really consistent with that "deliberate approach". Like Sue, I think a few examples or hints of what data were reviewed and where it is leading her to consider changes. And an example of one thing she learned at the "Listen and Learn" forums and actions she is taking based on this new knowledge, would have gone a long way in keeping the public engaged in the process and hopeful of some positive changes.

      Fred