bus behaviors

  • fsnyder22
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
      Is there any centralized accounting system that accumulates incident reports regarding behavior issues on the buses? Do bus drivers fill out incident reports? There is clearly a perception that problem behavior on buses that transport HCPSS students is pervasive but it would be nice to have some actual data. (I don't doubt it's a problem but the extent to which it is a problem is not clear.)

      Do bus drivers receive training in interacting with kids and setting up expectations as to behaviors on the bus? (Or maybe this is way beyond what we should expect of bus drivers.) As students, we could quickly identify which teachers would let us get away with certain behaviors and which would not; I'm guessing something similar occurs with bus drivers. And sorry for my ignorance on this topic, but is there another adult monitor on the bus besides the actual bus driver?

      Fred Snyder
    • merlinthewizard848
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2013
        As I understand it, if a child misbehaves in school, and they can't make use of the regular school, they have to be provided with an education else where, right? Does the same apply to riding a bus? If a child is removed from the bus - and they live within the areas that entitle them to busing, do they have to be provided with alternate transportation at our cost?