Re: Segregation and the Achievement Gap

    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 25, 2013
      Please go to

      http://www.hcpss.org/academics/testscores.shtml

      Go to the 2012 AP examination school results, it is the second link under AP

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 26, 2013
        ray,

        you have picked up on my strong bias in favor of public education.

        i consider the importance of public education to prepare voters to be a done
        deal, but, i go one step further and question the right of private schools
        to claim any right of their school graduates to claim better preparation for
        leadership because the have "the proper training." i suggest that citizens
        strongly question anyone on the ballot who comes from a private schooling
        background.

        if someone without a public school education wants to be president then let
        them pass thru the eye of a needle.

        also, i am very biased in favor of a flat organizational structure for
        government. one thing to have a hierarchical military; something else
        entirely to have a divine right leader of an elected government.

        in the spirit of avoiding improper language, i will avoid any commentary on
        the english royal family.

        allen dyer

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 26, 2013
          So basically none of our recent presidents should be president because they either went to a private college or private k-12. I'm not sue if any of them went public all of the way. If I went public for a year or any part does that count. What if I lived overseas? I guess if I live in the unsafe school with text books from the sixties, with crowded classrooms then I should just sacrifice my kids for the cause. Teachers get school choice, the rich get choice but I should be stuck in the school based off of zoning laws which are designed to keep the poor together. What about religious schools? Private colleges are producing the recent presidents, namely Harvard and Yale.

          I'm a believer in school choice either by design or not.

          Sent from my iPhone