new teacher evaluation system

  • Lisa
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2 8:05 AM
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2 8:48 AM
        It includes the 20% number - that is the weight the MSA will be given in teacher evaluations.  It is my considered opinion that RTTT over reliance on state standardized test scores will have "unintended consequences" which will continue to undermine the entire public school education system in this country.  Is there a white house petition to repeal RTTT?

        cindy v

        To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
        From: lisabmrss@...
        Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:05:12 +0000
        Subject: [howardpubliced] new teacher evaluation system

      • Lisa Schlossnagle
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2 9:31 AM
          Are any of the school systems' plans published online?

          To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
          From: lisabmrss@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:05:12 +0000

        • Theresa Jones
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2 9:33 AM

            Does HCPSS evaluation system include only MSA assessments?  What about teachers who teach subjects not covered under the MSAs?  Do they use the county assessments instead?

            To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
            From: lisabmrss@...
            Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:05:12 +0000

            The HCPSS plan was not rejected. Does that mean it was accepted? What is the plan?

            http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/maryland-rejects-montgomerys-teacher-evaluation-plan-and-8-others/2013/02/01/41707be2-61c3-11e2-9940-6fc488f3fecd_story.html