Letter: Every school should plan to keep out strangers

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2013
      It is still the 18nth of Jan.

      jack

      Letter: Every school should plan to keep out strangers

      http://www.baltimoresun.com/explore/howard/opinion-talk/letter-editor/ph-ho-cf-letters-hernandez-20130118,0,4400673.story

      January 18, 2013 | 3:44 p.m.

      I'm a Cub Scout of Pack 678 and I'm currently working towards my Citizenship pin. One of my duties is to write to a newspaper (that's you) about an issue that I'm concerned about. Well, I'm concerned about school safety after the incident in Connecticut. I personally think that in every school there should be a security guard or policeman walking in the building to make sure no strangers come in to the building or any children bring any weapons in. I also think that every school should do a lock-down weekly so everybody is familiar with what to do if a stranger should come in the school. Please put my letter in your paper so everyone gets a good idea about public school safety.

      Dominic Hernandez

      Columbia