disappointment

  • Sue Medicus
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
      So, Baltimore Sun article:

      http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/bs-md-ho-dyer-request-upheld-20121206,0,129904.story

      Quote:

      Said Howard school board chair Frank Aquino: "From the start, this has
      been an issue related to whether or not the board could govern and
      have the authority to govern itself. It's nice that the administrative
      law judge agreed that no single board member can act in contravention
      of the authority of the entire board."

      Aquino said the decision is still key despite the fact that Dyer is no
      longer on the board.

      "It would have been nice if the process could have moved faster, but
      for a variety of reasons, it didn't," Aquino said. "There were delays
      in scheduling. I think the state board should still take up the issue
      and either affirm or in other ways modify the [Koteen's] decision."

      A waste of over $80,000, oh, and remember, that doesn't include the
      cost of the lunches and mileage charged to the taxpayers of Howard
      County by the Board Members for this folly.

      So the Reign of the Gang of Four will continue!
      People, Unite! There MUST be change.

      We MUST hold the Board accountable to the taxpayers. The Board should
      rule HCPSS, not vice versa. They are there to Challenge staff to
      think harder, do better, and work with all Stakeholders. They are not
      there as a rubber stamp for Staff.

      I am glad we have 3 Board members who are willing to fight for what's
      right, maybe they can be a catalyst for change, one hopes.

      --
      Sue Medicus
    • Ann