Superintendent's Listen and Learn Forum

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      Now this is the topic for discussion. But it really was not a discussion at all as the online questions were sanitized and asked first with a lot but not all of the submitted questions from the audiance asked next. Only about 15 minutes for live questions. There was no real discussion.

      A direct question would get a general rambling answer or a response of she does not know and would get back to you. The tough questions, really there were none, but when they came close like "would the hcpss offer classes such as hvac" we were lied to. You could see it in her face. There will be no career training in the hcpss. These children are not college ready and they will not be career ready either.

      Listen carefully and Foose speaks of teach to the test as though it were education.

      Well she did address the majority minority as she repeated all children will be educated albeit this is no excuse for how bad the hcpss has failed or justification for the hint of how long this will take.

      For those in attendence to be so kind as to extend her the courtesy that she is new is insane. Foose was given a 4 year contract worth over 1 million dollars and for her to be this unprepared is an insult.

      jack
    • Ann De Lacy
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2012
        Welcome back, Jack!

        As you know, I don't agree with your assessment of Renee Foose.  She has the monumental task of renewing a system that has been allowed to lay dormant for more than a decade.  Remember, she has to answer to the elected members of the Board of Education which is comprised of some who have been entrenched in the status quo.  Come on, give her time.

        What you didn't mention is that Dr. Foose also stated that she was sickened by the "Staff" redistricting plan and directed them to go back to the drawing board and engage the committee and community in the process!  She spoke about social engineering but I personally believe that a great deal of the engineering has been done to maintain the concentration of high FARMS eligible students in the majority of the Columbia and Laurel schools.  I'm not sure if Mayfield Woods and Deep Run are considered Elkridge or Columbia now or not.

        Dr. Foose also answered questions posed to her about Cradlerock Elementary and Lake Elkhorn Middle School in terms of academic achievement.  One was from the floor and the other was an on-line question.

        Lisa, if you need verification of my statements, contact Rebecca Amani-Dove at rebecca_amani-dove@...

        Ann

        Sent from my iPad