Re: [howardpubliced] RE: Partison Politics

  • cacoreya@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
      No establishment Democrat is calling you a union thug. The establishment Democrats are in the pocket of the union.... And that is why the union has a stranglehold on our school systwm and school system around the country.

      Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
        Corey,

        You are too young to be so negative and bitter.  Your entire life is before you.  Please explain what you mean by "being in the pockets of the union."  Why have you become so bitter and negative?  I want to understand.

        Ann De Lacy

        Sent from my iPad

> [...]

        Ann

        P.S. Jack, you are the man!

        --- In howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com, Sue Medicus <berryfolks@...> wrote:

        > That's ok, Kerry
        > I guess I focused more on income variances than I did on segregation,
        > that's where I missed the connection
        > Sue
        > On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 5:21 PM, Kerry Ose <kerry@...> wrote:
        > > **
        > >

        > > I'm sorry, Sue. I appreciated the discussion of the history of segregation
        > > in this article, and we have been discussing segregation quite a bit in
        > > this forum.
        > >
        > > Kerry
        > > On Aug 26, 2012 5:10 PM, "Sue Medicus" <berryfolks@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> **
        > >>

        > >> I guess I miss the connection to issues on Howardpubliced
        > >>
        > >> Sorry, seems totally political to me and I think we all try to steer

      • MICHELLE WOOD
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
          Question:  Does anyone know how to find out how many bully reports have been filed at a school?  Is this data published somewhere or do you have to submit a Privacy Act request?

        • Ann De Lacy
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
            Michelle, send a request to Rebecca Amani-Dove at rebecca_amani-dove@....

            Sent from my iPad

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
              It's not about being bitter. It's about the truth. Unions are one of the Democratic Party's biggest donors... they also do them other favors... like offer them endorsements. This just screams "conflict of interest" and even possible corruption.

              You talk about changing and improving the HCPSS. Why not distant yourself from an organization that prevents so much change?

              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
                Look at policies 1040, 1060 and 9290

                The Superintendent/designee will report incidents of bullying to the Maryland State Department of Education as stipulated in the Safe Schools Reporting Act of 2005.

                Again the number of reports should be on the hcpss website and readily available to the public albeit this is often not the case. I have a strong belief there is an atmosphere which suppresses the generation of these reports, the blue form. The school generated form, the yellow form is reluctant at best. I believe when you look close enough you will find an equity situation similar to suspensions and other forms of punishment.

                jack

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
                  Corey, my perspective is very different from yours.  Please cite examples of why unions are so corrupt.  Blanket statements offer no proof.

                  I was a full time union president for six years and knew of no corruption other than those found in everyday human interactions.  The examples I offer are those of jealousy, back stabbing, gossip, and self serving attitudes.  There was never an attempt to steal money or bribe officials.  The officials endorsed by our union were chosen by the body based on their commitment to public education, students and public education employees.

                  Again, please explain.

                  Sent from my iPad

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
                    "2. If, after an investigation, the administrator determines that"

                    This is where favortism or prejudice may exist and does. At this point in the process you also want to know the numbers, how many reports filed vs. how many reports moved forward. There needs to be oversight here, a review of all reports which do not move forward.

                    jack

                    policy 1060 PR

                    2. If, after an investigation, the administrator determines that bullying, cyberbullying, harassment, or intimidation did occur, the following procedures should be followed in accordance with the Safe Schools Reporting Act of 2005:

                    c. The principal will ensure that the information recorded on the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form and the information on the Bullying, Harassment, or Intimidation Incident School Investigation Form is entered into the Bullying database on the HCPSS student data system and reported monthly to the Office of Student Services.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
                      When financial or human resource donation is made or an endorsement is offered, it is natural for the beneficiary of this to return the favor through political actions in order to continue receiving these resources even if it is not expected from the group that is giving the donation or endorsement.

                      It's the same way it works with donations from other special interests, such as business.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012

                        Corey,
                        These statements just make me sad.  Many, many people go into "public service" for reasons other than personal gain, and they don't "reward" support with official "favors".   As it happens, elected offices are generally public service positions.   Getting elected is a giant, expensive, pain in the neck.  It is hard enough to get good people to run for public office without adding the insult of assuming they are corrupt.  Either way, most people support candidates for office they already agree with...not with the intention of changing them into someone they will agree with.

                        Cindy Vaillancourt

                        To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
                        From: cacoreya@...
                        Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:09:00 -0400
                        Subject: Re: [howardpubliced] RE: Partison Politics

                      • cacoreya@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 26, 2012
                          "Many, many people..."

                          But not everyone. When those potential conflicts of interest exist, it makes the possibility if bad behavior more likely.

                          I respect your optimistic view, but it seems awfully naive. Sorry.

                          To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
                          From: cacoreya@...
                          Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 21:09:00 -0400

                               When financial or human resource donation is made or an endorsement is offered, it is natural for the beneficiary of this to return the favor through political actions in order to continue receiving these resources even if it is not expected from the group that is giving the donation or endorsement.

                          It's the same way it works with donations from other special interests, such as business.

                          Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                          Corey, my perspective is very different from yours.  Please cite examples of why unions are so corrupt.  Blanket statements offer no proof.

                          I was a full time union president for six years and knew of no corruption other than those found in everyday human interactions.  The examples I offer are those of jealousy, back stabbing, gossip, and self serving attitudes.  There was never an attempt to steal money or bribe officials.  The officials endorsed by our union were chosen by the body based on their commitment to public education, students and public education employees.

                          Again, please explain.

                          Sent from my iPad

                          On Aug 26, 2012, at 8:20 PM, "cacoreya@..." <cacoreya@...> wrote:

                          > It's not about being bitter. It's about the truth. Unions are one of the Democratic Party's biggest donors... they also do them other favors... like offer them endorsements. This just screams "conflict of interest" and even possible corruption.
                          >
                          > You talk about changing and improving the HCPSS. Why not distant yourself from an organization that prevents so much change?
                          >
                          > Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                        • robert.rhodeshc
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 27, 2012
                            Oh Corey, that sounds like language straight from right-wing tea bagger central. If you want to start down this very slippery slope assigning donors and corruption to political parties, there isn't enough "ink" in this pen to capture it all. I'll spot you a "union thug" and raise you two Koch Brothers!

                            Let's stay away from the partisan bashing and instead focus on real issues involving the HCPSS and quality education.

                            Corey, you don't seem negative or bitter, just quite a bit naive. I'd also venture that for your age, you spend way too much time "talking" politics, focusing on conspiracy theories, and trolling sites like this one. If you aspire to be an elected official in your future, you might also want to think "ten times twice" about what you choose to write in this cyberspace that could/will come back to bite your ass and dash your hopes.

                            Now you know why Brian M. has deliberately chosen to avoid leaving a trail on Howardpubliced that could/will be used against him should he seek an office higher then School Board.

                            Corey, enjoy your young life and get the heck off the nasty train (no pun intended).

                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 27, 2012
                              I believe Mr. Andrews is a young man his family is quite proud of and reflects his upbringing as all of us do. I believe he is right to speak his mind and follow his heart. I am sure he will make mistakes and learn from them as we all do. I am also sure he will do well in life. There is one thing very clear about Mr. Andrews and that is he is genuine and true to his beliefs. You can't ask any more than that of a man and he will never have his voice held against him for showing honesty and integrity.

                              jack

                              --- In howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com, "robert.rhodeshc" <robert.rhodeshc@...> wrote:

                              > Oh Corey, that sounds like language straight from right-wing tea bagger central. If you want to start down this very slippery slope assigning donors and corruption to political parties, there isn't enough "ink" in this pen to capture it all. I'll spot you a "union thug" and raise you two Koch Brothers!
                              >
                              > Let's stay away from the partisan bashing and instead focus on real issues involving the HCPSS and quality education.
                              >
                              > Corey, you don't seem negative or bitter, just quite a bit naive. I'd also venture that for your age, you spend way too much time "talking" politics, focusing on conspiracy theories, and trolling sites like this one. If you aspire to be an elected official in your future, you might also want to think "ten times twice" about what you choose to write in this cyberspace that could/will come back to bite your ass and dash your hopes.
                              >
                              > Now you know why Brian M. has deliberately chosen to avoid leaving a trail on Howardpubliced that could/will be used against him should he seek an office higher then School Board.
                              >
                              > Corey, enjoy your young life and get the heck off the nasty train (no pun intended).
                              >
                              > --- In howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com, "cacoreya@..." <cacoreya@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > It's not about being bitter. It's about the truth. Unions are one of the Democratic Party's biggest donors... they also do them other favors... like offer them endorsements. This just screams "conflict of interest" and even possible corruption.
                              > >
                              > > You talk about changing and improving the HCPSS. Why not distant yourself from an organization that prevents so much change?
                              > >
                              > > Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

                            • Ann De Lacy
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 27, 2012
                                I have to disagree with you on this one, Jack.  Robert is offering Corey great advice.  I'm sure his parents are proud of his activism, but Corey's remarks are often very hateful.

                                Sent from my iPad