18 Schools Closed Monday Due to Power Outages

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
      http://columbia.patch.com/articles/18-schools-closed-monday-due-to-power-outages

      18 Schools Closed Monday Due to Power Outages

      A storm has knocked power out for thousands across Howard County and Maryland.

      By Lisa Rossi
      Email the author
      6:23 pm

      All activities, both school and community-sponsored, will be cancelled Monday at 18 schools in Howard County that are closed due to power outages from a powerful storm that ripped through the area Friday night.

      This includes any high school athletic practices or games, according to the Howard County public schools website.

      The following schools are closed Monday:

      Elementary:

      Fulton

      Hammond

      Longfellow

      Northfield

      Triadelphia Ridge

      Waverly

      Worthington

      Middle:

      Dunloggin

      Hammond

      Lime Kiln

      Patuxent Valley

      Wilde Lake

      High:

      Glenelg

      Hammond

      Howard

      Reservoir

      Wilde Lake

      Special:

      Cedar Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
        Howard County Public Schools (Maryland)

        Hide Details
        FROM: School's Out Alert
        TO: pamythompson@...

        Message flagged

        Monday, July 2, 2012 5:04 PM

        DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

        Howard County Public Schools, posted at: Jul 02 05:04PM

        14 HCPSS schools are closed Tuesday, July 3, 2012 due to power outages. Visit www.hcpss.org for more details.

        For less than $2 a month you can receive these alerts as text messages. Sign up now

        Sent to pamythompson@...

        Update subscription preferences

        To contact us, send us an email: support@...
        Copyright © 2012 NotiSys LLC, All rights reserved.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
          14 Schools Closed Tuesday

          Several schools are still dealing with power shortages after the Friday storm.

          By Brian Hooks
          Email the author
          4:51 pm

          Fourteen schools in Howard County will be closed Tuesday due to complications with power shortages from the thunderstorm on Friday evening, according to HCPSS spokesperson Deborah Summers.

          Eighteen schools in the county were closed on Monday from the power outages.

          The following schools will not have any activities on Tuesday:

          Bollman Bridge Elementary School

          Bushy Park Elementary School

          Fulton Elementary School

          Hammond Elementary School

          Waverly Elementary School

          Hammond Middle School

          Glenwood Middle School

          Lime Kiln Middle School

          Patuxent Valley Middle School

          Glenelg High School

          Hammond High School

          Howard High School

          Reservoir High School

          Cedar Lane School

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2012
            Yes there is a point. Below are 2 emails between Sunday night and Monday morning. Has nothing to do with the individuals in the email but speaks to the lack of communication provided by the hcpss.

            pam thompson <pamythompson@...> writes:

            >Hi Coach Schaffer,

            >I was just reading the news and saw that Glenelg is closed tommorow due to the

            >power outage. Does this mean that conditioning is cancelled also?

            >Pam

            >We will hold our strength and conditioning session outside on the tennis courts and track.

            It is too late for me to cancel. I will work with whoever shows up. Thanks.

            Coach Schaffer