Re: [howardpubliced] Re: Let the games begin!

  • Smokey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 5, 2012
      I hit send by mistake. The original schools deploying SRO seem to target high FARM areas but without the communication it is hard to verify. Also, there was a line in the communication about teaching classes and targeting at risk students. As a parent I would love to know what process or criteria is used to determine at risk students. It sounds like profiling to me but without knowing the criteria, who knows. Also, if the school system is against "tracking" kids, how and why would we allow the police to track students? A lot more communication should have come out before implementing this pilot program. When the elementary school language school was bring implemented they
      wanted schools in different areas and thought was given to trying it in different types of schools. It seems like certain schools were targeted, I know the communication indicated that it was targeting schools with the bridges after school program but most programs seem be deployed in a more inclusive manner.

      Sent from my iPhone