open forum invitation from the state board

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2011
      please see attached for an open forum invitation from the state board re: the new state superintendent search.   following is a ROUGH ocr'ed version of same in case you can't open the attachment.

      allen dyer

      Maryland State Board of Education

      200 W. BALTIMORE STREET

      I BALTIMORE, MARYLAND 21201-2595 I (410) 767ยท0467

      October 13,2011

      Dear Stakeholders and Colleagues:

      As you may be aware, the Maryland State Board of Education has initiated its search for a new

      State Superintendent of Schools. To counsel us through this important process, we have retained

      the services of Hazard, Young, Attea

      & Associates, a consulting firm that specializes in assisting

      Boards with the consideration of candidates for educational leadership roles.

      A key step in this process is to identify the characteristics we will be seeking in our new State

      Superintendent. We invite your personal participation in this process to share your views by

      attending an Open Forum or completing the online survey located at www.ecragroup.com/mdss

      by November 18, 2011. We also ask for your assistance in communicating this information to

      members of your organizations and colleagues that you may know in your area or around the

      state.

      The Open Forums, which will be facilitated by a member of our consulting firm, will be held at

      seven locations around the state. The forums will be held at two different times (2:30 and 7:00

      PM) at each location. Please attend anyone of the forums that is convenient for you.

      DATE LOCATION ADDRESS

      10/27 Easton High School (Talbot County) 723 Mecklenberg Avenue, Easton, MD 21601

      11/2 Laurel High School (Prince 8000 Cherry Lane, Laurel, MD 20707

      George's County)

      11/3 Seneca Valley High School 19401 Crystal Rock Drive, Germantown, MD

      (Montgomery County) 20874

      11/7 Huntingtown High School (Calvert 4125 N. Solomons Island Road, Huntingtown, MD

      County) 20639

      11/7 Mountain Ridge High School 100 Dr. Nancy S. Grasmick Lane, Frostburg, MD

      (Allegany County) 21532

      11/9 Edgewood High School (Harford 2415 Willoughby Beach Road, Edgewood, MD

      County) 21040

      11/10 Baltimore Polytechnic Institute 1400 West Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD

      (Baltimore City) 21209

      Thank you in advance for your time and assistance with this most important task. Once all of the

      input is gathered, the State Board will be discussing it at our meeting on December

      6, 2011 and

      the report will be posted on our website www.marylandpublicschools.org.

      Sincerely,

      CjjV~

      James H. DeGraffemeidt, Jr.

      President

      Maryland State Board of Education

      Affirming

      Equal Opportunity in Principle and Practice