Re: [howardpubliced] response from County Executive

  • Sue Medicus
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 5 5:03 PM
      I was certainly put in my place as he didn't feel a need to talk to me, just send a flunky

      Sue Medicus

      On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:59 PM, The Sola's <pmbsola@...> wrote:

      So I wonder who he is talking to??  Not me!!!

      The board has played the I know the County Exc. and you do not.  If he is concerned then lets make this a true transparent issue. Hold a town meeting in the evening or Sat in the PM and lets talk about it.

      Peter Sola

      I am

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 11 11:51 AM
        I just received an answer to my e-mail, and like Sue, it was from David Nitkin on behalf of Ken Ulman.  He said that Mr. Ulman would like to see Columbia and Elkridge to be represented on the BOE.  He also said he would like to see Asian-Americans and African-Americans represented, but he does not consider this racial profiling and does not appreciate me calling it that.  He said that like me, he would like to see special needs students represented on the board of ed.  He said we need to agree to disagree.

        1.  Columbia residents represent 35% of Howard County by population.  If they want representation, they should vote for it. Perhaps they already have.  Do we have any reason to believe they haven't?  Oh yeah, because no one with the right skin color is on the BOE according to Ulman.

        2. Why do Columbia and Elkridge need representation but not Laurel?  Why special ed but not GT?  Why Asian and African- Americans but not Latinos or Irish Catholics?  Where is the line drawn?

        3.  I guess he thinks this is the end of the issue.  I hope tonight will show him otherwise.

        BTW, I have heard from Delegate Gail Bates and Delegate Warren Miller who both oppose the bill and said they will not vote for it.
        Rose