Seeking ideas for Web site hosting (for free) for PTSA-types

  • Diana Talabac
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 1999
      Does anyone know of any sites which offer to host Web pages/sites for
      school groups? I am thinking of IF/WHEN our PTSA may be interested in
      establishing one. (Yes, I know I've said I may be able to get around to
      this, someday, but ... )

      I am not interested in piggybacking on the HCPSS server, if that is even
      permitted. I have found it "unavailable" too often. (However, if this
      changes drastically for the better, then I'd be interested... as well as
      shocked. :-) )

      I also know about the FamilyEducation.com site which the National PTA
      partners/sponsors. I have made an initial inquiry there and may hear back
      from them soon. However, I do not know if we would be restricted to one of
      their templates (I'd rather have more freedom) and also their home page is
      rather cluttered, from a newbie's point of view. This might
      distract/confuse any newbie visitors which we would have--high school
      parents are not usually interested in all that material relevant mostly to
      lower-level grades.

      If you have some ideas, feel free to post them to one of these lists, since
      there may be other parent-volunteers who are interested in the same referrals.

      Thanks,
      --Diana
      OMHS PSTA Communications Chair