RE: [howardpubliced] Review next year's Howard County school textbooks

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2011
      ok, not "putting"  haha

      To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
      From: CynthiaVaillancourt@...
      Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:27:20 -0500
      Subject: RE: [howardpubliced] Review next year's Howard County school textbooks

      Hi Everyone,
      Brian Meshkin came up with several innovative ways to increase public access to the proposed textbooks, including putting them in libraries, and identifying opportunities for on line access for some of the publishers.  It may have been too late to implement this year - but next year there ought to be significantly more opportunity, access and locations.
      In the mean time, please, please try to stop in and take a look.  Community input is critical to a healthy system of checks and balances for our public schools.
      Kudos to Brian for his efforts.
      Cindy Vaillancourt

      To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
      From: tjmallo@...
      Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 06:27:26 -0500

      The books have been available for review since at least 18 January (per the weekly education update that went out to all parents). Policy 8040 actually requires a minimum of 15 days of public availability for review.

      Ted