Re: Howard County school board to start whistle-blower program

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2010
      "What if it is the supervisor(s) covering it up?" ...................I have given this some thought over the past week and Colleen makes a good point . My personal experience with the administration in the hcpss both at the school and central office has been unbelievable in the absolute incompetence as well as willingness to turn a blid eye as well as to lie . A whistle-blower program being instituted in a closed system which has enjoyed impunity needs to take into account the protectionism from which the hcpss operates .

      In reading Mr Dyers posts I took notice of the following and it appears that this would apply . It seems the current process to appeal a decision to the BOE allows a tempting oportunity for the administration to and for personal gain both falsify as well as cover up facts . I believe a review of appeals both from staff and parents to the BOE would reveal a history of contempt .

      28. 18 U.S.C. 1519 states:
      Whoever knowingly alters, destroys, mutilates, conceals, covers up, falsifies, or
      makes a false entry in any record, document, or tangible object with the intent to
      impede, obstruct, or influence the investigation or proper administration of any
      matter within the jurisdiction of any department or agency of the United States
      or any case filed under [U.S.C. Title 11, Bankruptcy], or in relation to or
      contemplation of any such matter or case, shall be fined under this title,
      imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both.

      Jack