Re: Glenelg Ghost out day

  • im4therecord
    Message 1 of 13 , May 2, 2010
      You're an ass

      Message 2 of 13 , May 2, 2010
        "im4therecord"

        Johnnie
        Invite to Connect Block Member Since: 10/13/2009

        Updates

        Delete This Comment?
        DeleteCancel Delete Event? Delete Event?
        DeleteCancel Report Abuse Report Abuse
        We were unable to process your request. Wait a few moments and try again.

        Close About Me
        Johnnie hasn't entered any details yet.

        Message 3 of 13 , May 2, 2010
          I am sorry , I clicked on the profile for "im4therecord" to see exactly who has degenerated the converastion to caling me an ass but then if I have a choice between being a half witted moron or an ass in your eyes then I guess ass is preferable , then again degenerate is somewhat harsh .

          Let me clarify . suppose the school wants to teach our children sex ed . They send s permission slip home to the parents and the parents decide if it is appropriate .

          Now here the PTA ( about a dozen parents ) wants to do something before prom in regardes to drinking and driving (forget cell phones and texting while driving) . Well that is a good idea however they want to pretend that a child or several children have been killed in a car wreck to shock the kids into sobriety . Now the PTA club and Principal Schindler don't want to go all out and opt out of having a casket brought in as that may be a little too graphic but they do want the event to be a surprise (by that they mean as shocking as possible to garner as much effect as possible}. When I questioned the principal and this little group , the PTA , about the reaction that some children and staff might have and that the parents have a right to know what their children are being subjected to. I was assured that a letter , ( I was assured that a letter ) , would go out to the parents explaining what was going on as well as allowing them to opt out .

          No letter from the school went out to the parents , no explanation of the planned events was sent out . Only a vague statement by Ms Nussbaum in an obscure , censored listserve .

          Is Ms. Nussbaum or anyone in this small group of PTA qualified to make a decision that subjects the children of Glenelg to pretending that their classmates died in order to scare and horify them into not drinking and driving ? The answer is no . Is it irresponsible and incompetent for the principal of Glenelg to allow our children to be (screwed with) in this manner ? The answer is yes . Do we as parents have a right to know and be part of every aspect of our children's education ? Obviously not .

          Thank you ,

          "You're an ass"

          Jack

> [...]
          > > >
          > > > If have concerns about your child or would like additional information regarding the content of the program, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to explain the details to you. We do ask that you not share the details with your child prior to the presentation of the program.
          > > >
          > > > As always, we thank you for your understand and support,
          > > >
          > > > Karl Schindler, Principal: karl_schindler@ hcpss.org
          > > > Andrew Shearer, Impact Club Advisor: Andrew_Shearer@ hcpss.org
          > > > Steve Willingham, SRO: steve_willingham@ hcpss.org
          > > > Johnnie Nussbaum, PTSA President: jnussb9427@aol. com
          > > >

          > > > Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post | Start a New Topic

        • Mary
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2010
            http://profiles.yahoo.com/u/XO2VN3XA4IKNLM4J3PXT2NKC5Y

            My name is Mary, not Johnnie.

            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2010
              Mary , Johnnis , who ever you are

              I copied the information below off of your yahoo profile last night . Really a coincidence that you appeared here the same day that Jomnnie Nussbaum left this group , 10/13/2009 , Really a coincidence that you have the same profile on your yahoo account and really odd that you got up befor 6 am this morning to change it and come here to try to make a point about it . Really strange that you have a similar writing style , defend the same garbage and make a point out of harrasing me about it . Really does not matter if you and Johnnie are the same person , mother and daughter , best friends or if it is all just a strange coincidence . The really interesting coincidence is that both Johnnie and Mary have absolutely no credibility here .

              Thank you ,

              "You're an ass"

              Jack

              Below is from "im4therecord" yahoo profile last night as it has been since 10/13/2009 until it was changed this morning .

              Message 6 of 13 , May 3, 2010
                nice, very nice.

                cv

                To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com
                From: im4therecord@...
                Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 23:13:04 +0000
                Subject: [howardpubliced] Re: Glenelg Ghost out day

> [...]

                > In order for this program to be effective, we are purposely being vague about its contents. The element of surprise is key to the program's success. While this may sound ominous, worrisome or possibly frightening for the students, it`s not. Our primary objective is not to overwhelm the students, frighten them or causes them undue stress; it is to impress upon them the importance of making good, safe and responsible choices.
                >
                > If have concerns about your child or would like additional information regarding the content of the program, please don't hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to explain the details to you. We do ask that you not share the details with your child prior to the presentation of the program.
                >
                > As always, we thank you for your understand and support,

              • Sue Medicus
                Message 7 of 13 , May 3, 2010
                  As the moderator of this group, I really must insist that we not use such language as I've been seeing exhibited of late.

                  I do not understand why you all cannot discuss these matters civilly as adults.  It seems to me that this group, which is purportedly in existence to discuss the betterment of education for Howard county students, denigrates into name calling and other problems

                  Please keep the conversation civil, and keep your eyes on the overall goal which is the betterment of education for our children.

                  Sue Medicus

                  --
                  Sue Medicus
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 3, 2010
                    Mary / Jonnie or whoever you are ,

                    Below is a copy of your yahoo account at 10:25 this morning and it shows where you changerd the name 4 hours ago

                    " Mary updated the Basics information in her Yahoo! ProfilePosted at 4 hrs ago "

                    Thank you ,

                    "You're an ass"

                    Jack

                    Mary
                    FemaleMaryland
                    Invite to Connect Block Member Since: 10/13/2009

                    Updates

                    Report Abuse Report Abuse
                    Mary updated the Basics information in her Yahoo! ProfilePosted at 4 hrs ago Posted to Delete This Comment?
                    DeleteCancel Delete Event? Delete Event?
                    DeleteCancel Report Abuse Report Abuse
                    We were unable to process your request. Wait a few moments and try again.

                    Close View More »

                    Message 9 of 13 , May 3, 2010
                      You are right , I apologize

                      Jack

                    • cwertman@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 4, 2010
                        Sue

                        While I fully support your comments regarding discussion of matters in a civil manner, I would suggest that there are some on this reflector who have taken it on themselves to make it a personal site for posting all of their complaints about almost every aspect of the school system and anyone remotely associated with it.  They post links to obscure sites with no context of explanation, post conversations and incidents from two, three, four or more years in the past and discuss them like they occurred yesterday.  They post every negative theory or gossip they have heard about various organizations and never bother to find out facts.

                        It might be useful to provide guidance (such as putting your name on a post) that links be provided with explanations or a context for why they are being posted to this reflector.  When speaking about incidents at schools or school based events, provide dates, names, etc rather that nebulous "administrators".  There may be other points that members might suggest, but I believe it would make this forum more useful and valuable to the people who are members.

                        So, while I support your comment, I also fully understand where this individual is coming from when they posted this brief, but in my opinion, to the point comment about another member of the reflector.

                        Chris Wertman

                        Message 11 of 13 , May 4, 2010
                          There is clearly a need for some kind of outlet for frustrated parents to vent - but to the extent it becomes an endless tirade, this site (imho) is not the proper venue.

                          I cannot advocate outright censorship - but I would encourage folks not to engage or contribute to the more inane posts/threads.

                          And I would, once again, like to encourage any parent with ongoing, unresolved issues to seek assistance or taining in the skills necessary to effectively advocate for your children.  I believe this is a specific skill which can be learned.

                          The flip side is that while it is possible to be an effective advocate - it is also possible to seriously detract from legitimate complaints to the point where you do more harm than good.

                          CIndy V

                          To: howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 4, 2010
                            Let me help the two of you out . Bob was closer when he said I turned this site into my personal blog but only because there is so little activity here and so little discussion , worse , besides Mr. Dyer , there is very little active reform . Truthfully I feel bad that there are no voices here and it is headed towards the fate of the Riverhill site . I also feel bad that the only discussion I can start is from a handful of self serving individuals from Glenelg that are hell bent on defending the place .

                            There is no avenue for parents that does not favor the system and the answer is that our children grow up and we see it begin again with our grandchildren . Over and over I do say the same things , a child asaulted , an administrator that lied to protect that trash , a teacher who failed in their job and with 8 kids I have a unique perspective , I get to see it over and over again . Year after Year . The problems your i or 2 kids had , everyone's kids had but "it's not your kid" .

                            So what does repeating it constantly do ? It means that the trash that did this to these children has to constantly be reminded . They can't just cash a pay check they don't deserve and demand that we support them . Sure I could do a lot more , I could set up national , state and local parents groups , remove my comments and shove my foot so far up the backside of our education system that it would be rediculous and I may do that .

                            The comment "you are an ass" does not stem from my relentless comments , it comes from a direct and open challenge to those that believe they are in charge . A small , narrow minded , self serving group .

                            Your accepted avenue for reform in the schools is the PTA and in a few days they will all show up at your local schools spring concert and present their hand picked successors and say all in favot and those people will politely clap . Then they will believe that they were elected by everyone in the school and sit down with the school principal and kiss his or her arse . The graduating class will turn 18 and register for the draft and some will end up in some far away s%$t hole where they can risk life and limb so these people can have freedom ,rights , a vote snd an election . Rights and an election , something that for 13 years while they sat in our schools they were denied . Your accepted avenue for reform in the schools is a PTA that can't comprehend freedom of speech , an election or the inclusion of the community and a school system that is just fine with that arangement .

                            Howardpubliced is the only voice in this county so you folks better step up .

                            Jack