Re: [howardpubliced] Re: Policy 10020

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, February 01, 2010 3:05 AM
      Subject: [howardpubliced] Re: Policy 10020

      Allen ,

         A lot of questions for me to ponder .

      Allen , I will give your questions much thought but I will tell you now that I believe we can greatly improve our schools .

      Jack

      whether the improvement is "great" or "little" it is still improvement and, thus, a good thing.  don't underestimate the importance of "little" improvements.

      allen

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2010
        Allen ,

        A lot of questions for me to ponder .

        In regard to PTA'S . No dues . A gathering of parents under their rights is not a non profit nor is it for profit . It is a gathering in common interest . Combining all 13 grades allows us the natural aspect of an extended family being able to work in both directions . I envision greater involvement from the community in shaping and participating in our childrens education . One of the first and greatest aspects would be in guidance . Many of our PTA'S have moved away from advocacy , more toward inhancements brought about by fundraising . The two could coexist .

        You pose very good questions which need to be given careful thought but beyond that from me they deserve community input from others as well . I am not trying to set up a system where I either controll it or profit from it . I pose an idea for the benefit of the community .

        You are asking for a partnership between the community and the school system . How it could work ? How to structure it ? What weight will a parent sugestion have as well as questions of authority and implementation .