Re: [howardpubliced] Re: Live like an activist

  • The Sola's
    Message 1 of 64 , May 5, 2009
      I would look for the way team members are picked. Many coaches run "Summer camps" that could be used to evaluate the abilities of potential players. If a student does not attend the camp how can they be given a complete  evaluation ?

      By the way, this issue of summer camps is a real sore spot for me as a former member of the ethics committee.

      peter sola

      Just a suggestion
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 3, 2009
        I agree that we have some good teachers and we have some with the potential to be good teachers . We even have some excellent teachers , the kind that really change lives . The problem is that about 5% or more are really not fit to train a dog and that is an unexceptable number and stains the entire system and they exist within our schools because the administration allows it and the system it's self supports it . Next year at Glenelg the incoming freshman will be subjected to a handfull of staff that I would not let train a dog . A handfull influencing the freshman class is a devastating number and still they have rights . Children will walk out of those classes with nothing , some will languish in failure amd some will be subjected to much worse . I think I might have some diplomas printed on rolls of toilet paper and sent to the HCPSS administrators as a testament to the quality work they perform for our children . Really I feel for you but the solution is not to be found within the system and if I showed up at school and publicly pointed each one of these .... out it would not fix it . Our schools are riddled with these people . We as parents need a voice and we need to take our schools back and if that does not work then we must reavaluate how we educate our children .

        Jack