GREAT opportunity to help improve pediatric health

  • jacki_mcc
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2008
      Dear Moms (and Dads),

      We are conducting a research project in the Department of Family
      Medicine at Georgetown University investigating the health benefits
      of probiotics in yogurt for children 1, 2, and 3 years old.
      The specific probiotic we are using, Bifidobacterium lactis or "Bb-
      12", has been shown in a number of prior clinical trials to
      reduce/prevent cases of diarrhea and diarrheal disease, increase
      general immunity, and mitigate the effect of certain allergens. We
      are putting Bb-12 in yogurt because we believe that yogurt will be a
      much better vehicle to deliver the probiotic to children than other
      forms (pills, powder, etc.). Additionally, the yogurt will provide a
      protective environment to help the Bb-12 survive the trip through
      the digestive tract, and is generally recognized as a good source of
      nutrition for children.

      We are currently recruiting participants for our study in the 1-4
      age range who are also attending school or daycare at least 3 days a
      week. This is a great opportunity for your children as they receive
      free, nutritious (and delicious) yogurt for the duration of the
      study plus toys and additional compensation WITHOUT driving
      anywhere. Please help us in our quest to improve pediatric health
      and to find simple, cheap, effective means of combating everyday
      illnesses. Most recently the study has been featured in Washington
      Parent Magazine. For more information please visit our website,
      www.thesippystudy.com, or contact me directly at
      jnm33@.... We can also be reached at (202) 687-7477.
      Thanks.

      Jaclyn