PTACHC Analysis of Backpack Survey Results REPORT now on line

  • VB Carella
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      Greetings,

      The PTACHC's  Analysis of Backpack Survey Results REPORT now on line at our website

      or directly at

      In addition to the report, two excel spread sheets have been made available for those that prefer to analyize the data themselves.  These excel files can be found at the bottom of the page under...

      SPREAD SHEETS
      • Full list of Comments [Sorted by Level and Grade] excel format
      • Full list of Comments/Counts [Sorted by Response Number ] excel format
      PTACHC thanks all of those involved in addressing this important issue.  Please free to call is you have any questions or comments.

      Advocating for Every Child,
      ...Veronika Carella
      PTACHC Officer and HEIC member

    • joanpontius
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
        What the heck with all the studies, and discussion, why
        not just buy smaller books? Books are too heavy =
        books are too big. What's the problem? BUY SMALLER
        BOOKS. What's next, a BackPack County Representative in
        the state government, so the voice of the book-carrying
        community can be heard?? And the report says that the
        same study was done before and no action was taken in 1999,
        isn't that what should be investigated?? The "no action" part?

        Oh, and by the way, in the report, that second sentence (below)
        isn't a complete sentence.

        "The goal of this report is not to provide the
        same recommendations that have been proposed
        over the past several years which hinge on utilizing
        the backpack correctly, and limiting the weight
        of the books that are being transported. But rather,
        to stimulate conversation within the Backpack Task Force
        Committee that will lead to more creative.."

        --- In howardpubliced@yahoogroups.com, "VB Carella" <jlcarella@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > The PTACHC's Analysis of Backpack Survey Results REPORT now on line
        at our website

        > http://www.ptachc.org/
        >
        > or directly at
        >
        > http://www.ptachc.org/backpack_study07/index_backpack07.html
        >

        > In addition to the report, two excel spread sheets have been made
        available for those that prefer to analyize the data themselves.
        These excel files can be found at the bottom of the page under...

        > SPREAD SHEETS
        > a.. Full list of Comments [Sorted by Level and Grade] excel format
        > b.. Full list of Comments/Counts [Sorted by Response Number ]
        excel format
        > PTACHC thanks all of those involved in addressing this important
        issue. Please free to call is you have any questions or comments.

        > Advocating for Every Child,
        > ...Veronika Carella
        > PTACHC Officer and HEIC member

      • bobrosebrough21045
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2007
          Cheers and Jeers: Wednesday
          by Bill in Portland Maine
          Wed Feb 07, 2007 at 05:12:49 AM PST
          From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE...

          With trembling hands and sweaty upper lips, the Very Important People
          furiously tap out their Very Important Headline: Is America Ready For
          A Female President? Do we have an emergency female president
          preparedness kit? Are we stocked up on batteries and potable water
          and canned soup? And where are those damn flares??

          Laughing off this emerging crisis (crisis I tell you!!) are people
          like comedienne Elayne Boosler, who try to "bamboosle" us into
          thinking the Republic will survive this alternative-gender onslaught:

          In 2007, a record 13 countries have currently serving, elected female
          Presidents or Prime Ministers; Ireland, New Zealand, Latvia, Finland,
          The Philippines, Bangladesh, Mozambique, Iberia, Chile, Jamaica,
          South Korea, Switzerland, and a Chancellor in Germany. None have
          renowned ballet companies, or have ever asked neighboring countries
          if their maps make them look fat. All play some kick-ass soccer. [...]

          When people write, "Is America ready for a female president?" they
          need to know how insulting that is to women. These are the doubt
          planters. Tell 'em to go to hell. They're not asking, they're
          undermining. If you want to make someone feel unwell, don't say, "You
          look terrible", because he'll immediately bounce back with, "I feel
          fine!" But if you ASK, if you say, "Do you feel all right?" the doubt
          sets right in. "Why? Why do you ask? What's wrong?" That's what
          they're doing. "Is America READY for a woman president?" "Why? What's
          going to happen??"

          Is America ready? The rest of the world probably reads that and
          shakes its head in bemusement, or incredulity, plain confusion, or
          maybe even sadness. Is America ready for sliced bread, covered
          wagons, indoor plumbing, math, the wheel, air travel, computers? Duh.
          You're so cute.

          Indoor plumbing? Never! Cheers and Jeers starts in There's
          Moreville... [Swoosh!!] RIGHTNOW! [Gong!!]