(W Post, 3/2) Voters' Guide: Stephen Bounds

  • Diana Talabac
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2000
      [URL =
      http://washingtonpost.com/cgi-bin/gx.cgi/AppLogic+FTContentServer?pagename=m
      etro/vg&startingRow=1&nextstep=race&jcode=MD&ocode=SB&lcode=00027&dcode=01#B
      ounds3?pagename=metro/vg&startingRow=1&nextstep=race&jcode=MD&ocode=SB&lcode
      =00027&dcode=01]

      Stephen C. Bounds *

      Age: 44

      Residence: Woodbine

      Education: BA political science, Furman University; JD, University of Maryland.

      Occupation: Attorney, partner at Bounds & Bounds.

      Elected Offices/Civic Activities: Director and vice chairman, Legal
      Services Administration,
      Maryland Association of Boards of Education; Howard County Spending
      Affording Committee; board
      member, Howard County Recreation and Parks; Maryland State Department of
      Education-Alternative Education Workgroup; co-founder, 'Not My Kid, Inc.'

      Family: Married; three children.

      Why should the voters elect you?
      "1) I offer needed stability at a time of great change; 2) I offer the
      perspective of both parent and
      businessman; 3) I offer hard work and dedication to children; 4) I offer
      someone who views board
      service as a sacred trust; 5) I offer someone who asks the hard questions
      and demands
      accountability; 6) I offer someone who is data-driven and gets results; 7)
      I offer someone who can
      make persuasive arguments and successfully implement change; 8) I offer
      someone who is
      passionate about excellence in teaching and learning."

      What would you like voters to know about you?
      "I have a passion for excellence in public education for the children of
      Howard County. I bring
      experience, insight, expertise and stability to the job."

      E-Mail Address: sbounds@...