Re: [howardpubliced] Re: Howard High joins struggling schools list

  • gamato1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 2, 2003
      Bob

      When they redistricted the walkers from across the street from Howard to Oakland Mills they lost some good students (kids who have parents like you). The neighborhood across from howard produced 60 % of howards "it's Academic team" plus a couple of 1600 sat scores.

      Now low and behold the overall scores have dropped.... it is the make up of the students..... not the school that has caused this drop in scores.

      glenn
    • maureensmom@aol.com
      Message 34 of 34 , Oct 6, 2003
        HI Phyliss,

        Thanks for writing back. I will bring this up next Monday and see if the PTA oks it. I would love for us to have a spotlight Howard High column in The View.

        I will be in touch.

        Melody