Yahoo! Groups - change in service re: attachments & archives

  • rgoodri973@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      IMPORTANT NOTICE:

      As part of our efforts to ensure that all Yahoo! Groups users enjoy the same high-quality service, we will implement the following service changes on Aug. 7, 2003:

      - Message Attachments: Yahoo! Groups will continue to deliver all attachments sent via email, however, the attachments will no longer be archived within the Messages area. You may continue to upload files and images to the Files and Photos areas of your groups.  Please re-upload any attachments you would like to preserve to the Photos or Files areas of your group. On Aug. 7, all attachments in the Messages
      area will be removed, and Yahoo! will be unable to retrieve such data.

      - Add Members: The "Add Members" feature will now allow you to add 10 new members per day (e.g., the ability to directly add your friends and family to your group). You may still use the "Invite Members" feature to invite others to join your group.

      - Files and Photos: Groups web membership will be required to access a group's Files and Photos areas.

      Thank you for your support as we make these changes that will allow us to continue offering a compelling, high quality, free service.

      For more details on the service changes described above, please visit our help section http://help.yahoo.com/groups/groups-56.html. Please do not reply to this message via email, as responses will not be read.

      Sincerely,
      The Yahoo! Groups Team