Re: additions, etc.

  • joan_pontius
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
      oh paleeze, the drive for all day kindergarten
      isn't education, it's cus parents are too busy
      to deal with their kids.

      --- In howardpubliced@y..., koontz@c... wrote:
      > I guess my point, Diane, is that the BOE can do what it needs to do
      > acquire the property it needs to educate our children. If they can
      acquire
      > a family farm in Glenelg for a septic field via eminent domain ,
      they can do
      > it for a commercial space (like the Palace 9) for a Kindegarden
      center-
      > especially if they can resell it laterfor commercial use
    • steve&jen swanhart
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2002
        Joan,
        Full day K is a very important boost to a childs education. Opportunity
        to have meaningful learning is lost without it.
        A lot of the 1/2 day kids spend almost as muck time on the bus as they
        do in class. Plus you can eliminate mid day bus expense.
        Steve