lunch problems & accountability

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2000
      lunch in howard county schools has been a problem
      for years. i suggest the bigger problem is the lack of
      a clear procedure for parents to deal with such problems.

      the central office will tell parents that howard county has
      "site based management" therefore the problem is a "local
      school" problem. and, principals will invariably
      tell parents that food service is a matter of county
      wide contract.

      should howard parents have to wait until the next
      school board election to deal with lunch scheduling?

      and, how many other problems fall between the cracks?

      vote often,
      allen dyer
      school board candidate
    • Marvin french
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2000
        Yes, Allen that is the procedure.
        Hold the principals accountable for the administrative decisions they make.
        If the quality of the food is a concern, then contact C.O. I gave the info
        in another message.
        Sandie French