Re: [howard-family] Active ?

  • rebecca edinger
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
      I hope to find some information on my Howards, but in the same respect I hope I
      don't start getting porn emails etc.

       Take time to smell the flowers ...

      ________________________________
      From: pj <pj@...>
      To: howard-family@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, December 29, 2012, 4:53 PM

      sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
        I will have to pull up my howard lineage and let you know. I constantly
        monitor this source site for new information. We do get bombarded by porn
        sites, but that is out of our control.

        Greg Stokes
        stokesg62@...
        On Dec 29, 2012 4:36 PM, "tategenealogy_1" <tategenealogy_1@...>
        wrote:

        > Is this group still active ? All I can find for recent postings is porn
        > sites and that is NOT what I am looking for. This is what I would like to
        > know...
        >
        > I know this is a long shot, but hopefully someone is still on here. My
        > How=
        > ards are from Sury Co., NC then went on to Green Co., TN. Do you know if
        > t=
        > here could be a connection ?

      • cinannh
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 24, 2013
          --- In howard-family@yahoogroups.com, Mike Howard <mhoward579@...> wrote:

          > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
          >
          > To: howard-family@yahoogroups.com
          > From: pj@...
          > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
          > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
          >

          > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

          > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

        • Cindy
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
            I have some info that could help but I need a name to start with for example:
            Howard were moved a lot then due to military service & farming.
            ref; "Tenn Cousins" by W. Ray states  reuben johnson married a daug. of Allen Howard, who was the brother of Benj., whos son Benj. moved to Wilkes co. NC, Jordan council who married Sally Howard daug. the younger Benj. got his name from the council family. all originating from William from England in 1636, brother Matthew m/Ann Hall was in Norfolk in 1635.
            Look in the "Giles County Tenn. Census of 1850,  Wesly married Jane Butler, children:
            Aenes, Susan Jane, Jasper, John David, Newton T.,Wm. Davis,Memucan hunt.
            I suspect TN howards came from NC area.
            happy hunting!
            Cindy Howard

            > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
            >
            > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
            > From: pj@...
            > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
            > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
            >

            > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

            > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

          • pj

              > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
              >
              > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
              > From: pj@...
              > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
              > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
              >

              > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

              > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

              believed to be clean.

            • Cindy
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
                I checked  "Howards of Southeastern Ky" by Dunham, nothing there, i just read "The Howard Geneology" by Heman Howard
                I do not remeber any there either. Did they move out west?

                I got a question..........does anyone out there have a HOWARD/CRAWFORD connection?............I sure would like to hear from you...........pj
                Area would be around Coffee Co, Tn. around 1830 to 1850 time frame

                > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                >
                > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                > From: pj@...
                > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                >

                > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                believed to be clean.

              • Cindy
                Message 7 of 13 , May 10 5:04 AM
                  I have the Book "Howard and connecting Families " by Eliz.T. Howard Barcroft
                  "Decendants of John Howard of Bridgewater Massacusetts" (Baltimore Line)
                  "Howard in Southeastern KY" by Dunham
                  Howard Records of Harlan Co.Rev. War & Cherokee Indians" by Annie Walker Burns
                  1860 Harlan Co Cencus
                  Lots of misc. info
                  Vernis Howard charts of several lines he concentrated on the VA, NC, KY Howards
                  because for 30 years he was trying to prove Samuel b.1762 father and decendants,
                  I charted several peoples opinions of Samuel line,
                  I work on
                  Martin b1896
                  John F. b1865
                  Silas Jessee Crittenden b1845
                  Adron Jr b1812
                  Adron Sr b1783
                  *Samuel b1762
                  *Cornelius b1706
                  *Joshua b1665
                  *I am not convinced until I prove Samuel and his brother and their history
                  What line are you?
                  Happy Howard hunting!
                  Cindy Howard

                  > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                  >
                  > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                  > From: pj@...
                  > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                  > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                  >

                  > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                  > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                • Cindy
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 5, 2013
                    I cannot remember replying to you, Howards are complex, do you have anyones name & birthdate to give me an idea what line I need to look at?
                    I have charts for several lines so I can find more on Samuel H b. 1762
                    Let me know & I will check
                    Cindy howard