Active ?

  • tategenealogy_1
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
      Is this group still active ? All I can find for recent postings is porn sites and that is NOT what I am looking for. This is what I would like to know...

      I know this is a long shot, but hopefully someone is still on here. My How=
      ards are from Sury Co., NC then went on to Green Co., TN. Do you know if t=
      here could be a connection ?
    • pj

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
          What information do you have those from NC to TN?

          To: howard-family@yahoogroups.com
          From: pj@...
          Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
          Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
            Name:Abram W. Howard
            Age:64
            Birth Year:abt 1816
            Birthplace:North Carolina
            Home in 1880:Greenville, Greene, Tennessee
            Race:White
            Gender:Male
            Relation to Head of House:Self (Head)
            Marital Status:Widower
            Father's Birthplace:North Carolina
            Mother's Birthplace:North Carolina
            Neighbors:View others on page
            Occupation:Minister Of Gospel
            Cannot read/write:

            Blind:

            Deaf and dumb:

            Otherwise disabled:

            Idiotic or insane:View image
            Household Members:Name
            Age
            Abram W. Howard 64
            Mary J. Howard 32
            Mattie Howard 28
            Charles G. Howard 25
            Nathaniel T. Howard 23
            Joseph Howard 18
            Frederick R. Howard 8
            John T. Howard 6
            Courtney Hankins 16 View
            Original
            Record
            Surnames: HOWARD, WHITTAKER, HOLDER, LEACH, TALIFERIO, BLAIR,NICHOLS, WEAVER
            I have Howards from Surry Co, NC, and I have a Greene Whittaker. The following
            is a letter that a 2nd cousin of mine wrote in 1918. It is written just as it
            was written in 1918. Please check it out to see if you think there could be a
            connection. I"m not sure of any Indian heritage.

            INFORMATION This is written just as it was Oct. 18, 1918 in Greenville,
            Tennessee (except I used modern abbreviations some) My great great grandfather
            Charles Howard was with Gen. George Washington, from commencement to close of
            the Revolutionary War as his body guard. He settled in Surry Co., North
            Carolina. I do not know who he married. I only know of three children. Two girls
            and one boy. Later Charles Howard moved to Tenn and settled on Lick Creek. One
            of the girls m: a Jones and one married a Dobbins. The son Abram (my great
            grandfather) was the only son. He disliked Tn. and ran away and went back to
            Surry Co. NC to a Howard uncle he had out there. He was then about 12 yrs. old.
            He grew to manhood, married and raised a family, but I know nothing of any of
            them except Charles, my grandfather. He married Jane O'Summers. (there is where
            we get our Scotch Irish from the O'Summers, they had blue grey eyes and black
            hair like your grandfather and Uncle Joe . The Howards are red and sandy and
            brown haired and blue eyes. ) To them were eleven children born and reared to
            manhood and womanhood. 1.Elizabeth (Betsy) m: Greene Whittaker two children
            blessed this home: Charles & Rachel Charles married, died and left a large
            family in lower East Tn. Nancy married John Holder five childen came to their
            home Rachel, Mary, William, Gabriel, & John William is living in Ok. Gabriel,
            Rachel (who married a Williams ) and John live in Knox County, Tn. John is a
            Baptist Minister Mary died unmarried William Howard married Sarah ( Sallie)
            Taliferio two daughters came to live with them: Mary & Sarah Mary & Sarah
            married brothers by the name of Leach. The Leaches are living in Ms/Mo. (cannot
            read it clearly ) William Howard moved to Mo./Ms. ( cannot read it clearly ) and
            died in about two years. His widow married a man by the name of Peters. John
            Howard died at the age of 21 unmarried Lonreno( could be Lorenzo) Don (or Dow)
            Howard married, went to Ill. then to Ms. he had a large family, but I don't
            remember who he married, nor any of the childrens names except the oldest son
            was William Lancaster Howard that married ? , settled in Knox Co.,Tn. and raised
            three children: Pheobe, Abra and Eliza They are in Knox Co. near Concord
            **Thomas Jefferson Howard married Lucinda Blair. Two children blessed this home:
            John and Mary Jane. Uncle Tom and wife have passed over the river, the children
            live in Grason Co., Va. Jane and Rachel Howard were twins. Jane married Tillery
            O'Summers They had one child a daughter. don't know where she is , they lived
            and died in Knox Co. Rachel married Thomas Nichols, lived and died in Anderson
            Co., Tn. they had no children. Our grandfather, Charles Howard,after his
            children were all grown and most of them weremarried moved from Surry Co., NC to
            Knox Co., Tn. Eventually most of his children settled around him. They were not
            wealthy , but owned their homes and were good livers. Mary Howard, one of the
            dearest good women of earth and my fathers sister, died unmarried. Abram Wesley
            Howard married Mary Margaret Weaver and settled in Greenville, Tenn. To them
            nine children came: Nancy Caroline (stillborn) Mary Jane , now living in Ok.
            Martha Elizabeth Rachel, living in Greenville, Tn. Tillman Abram, burned to
            cinders in a Railroad disaster at Ashtabula Ohio in 1873 Charles George,
            sleeping in Oak Grove Cemetery Greenville, Tn. Nathaniel G. Taylor, and Joseph
            Wesley both living in Greenville Tenn. Aunt Mary (Polly) and father should have
            come in just after Uncle Charlie L. and just before Uncle Tom J., but I was
            interrupted and made me forget. This is badly done, but it is true history and
            as far as I know and you can write it off nice when you get ready. For Joe Jr.,
            son of the 3rd Charles Howard from Aunt Mattie on

            ________________________________
            What information do you have those from NC to TN?

            To: howard-family@yahoogroups.com
            From: pj@...
            Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
              Yes, I have seen too much of that, but I would hope we could keep it going, so we can help each other with a good cause-that of findingnout kindred dead-Thank you, Evelyn Howard

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 29, 2012
                I hope to find some information on my Howards, but in the same respect I hope I
                don't start getting porn emails etc.

                 Take time to smell the flowers ...

                ________________________________

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012
                  I will have to pull up my howard lineage and let you know. I constantly
                  monitor this source site for new information. We do get bombarded by porn
                  sites, but that is out of our control.

                  Greg Stokes
                  stokesg62@...
                  On Dec 29, 2012 4:36 PM, "tategenealogy_1" <tategenealogy_1@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Is this group still active ? All I can find for recent postings is porn
                  > sites and that is NOT what I am looking for. This is what I would like to
                  > know...
                  >
                  > I know this is a long shot, but hopefully someone is still on here. My
                  > How=
                  > ards are from Sury Co., NC then went on to Green Co., TN. Do you know if
                  > t=
                  > here could be a connection ?

                • cinannh
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 24, 2013
                    --- In howard-family@yahoogroups.com, Mike Howard <mhoward579@...> wrote:

                    > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                    >
                    > To: howard-family@yahoogroups.com
                    > From: pj@...
                    > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                    > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                    >

                    > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                    > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                  • Cindy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
                      I have some info that could help but I need a name to start with for example:
                      Howard were moved a lot then due to military service & farming.
                      ref; "Tenn Cousins" by W. Ray states  reuben johnson married a daug. of Allen Howard, who was the brother of Benj., whos son Benj. moved to Wilkes co. NC, Jordan council who married Sally Howard daug. the younger Benj. got his name from the council family. all originating from William from England in 1636, brother Matthew m/Ann Hall was in Norfolk in 1635.
                      Look in the "Giles County Tenn. Census of 1850,  Wesly married Jane Butler, children:
                      Aenes, Susan Jane, Jasper, John David, Newton T.,Wm. Davis,Memucan hunt.
                      I suspect TN howards came from NC area.
                      happy hunting!
                      Cindy Howard

                      > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                      >
                      > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                      > From: pj@...
                      > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                      > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                      >

                      > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                      > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                    • pj
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
                        I got a question..........does anyone out there have a HOWARD/CRAWFORD connection?............I sure would like to hear from you...........pj
                        Area would be around Coffee Co, Tn. around 1830 to 1850 time frame

                        > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                        >
                        > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                        > From: pj@...
                        > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                        > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                        >

                        > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                        > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                        believed to be clean.

                      • Cindy
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 25, 2013
                          I checked  "Howards of Southeastern Ky" by Dunham, nothing there, i just read "The Howard Geneology" by Heman Howard
                          I do not remeber any there either. Did they move out west?

                          I got a question..........does anyone out there have a HOWARD/CRAWFORD connection?............I sure would like to hear from you...........pj
                          Area would be around Coffee Co, Tn. around 1830 to 1850 time frame

                          > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                          >
                          > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                          > From: pj@...
                          > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                          > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                          >

                          > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                          > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                          believed to be clean.

                        • Cindy
                          Message 12 of 13 , May 10 5:04 AM
                            I have the Book "Howard and connecting Families " by Eliz.T. Howard Barcroft
                            "Decendants of John Howard of Bridgewater Massacusetts" (Baltimore Line)
                            "Howard in Southeastern KY" by Dunham
                            Howard Records of Harlan Co.Rev. War & Cherokee Indians" by Annie Walker Burns
                            1860 Harlan Co Cencus
                            Lots of misc. info
                            Vernis Howard charts of several lines he concentrated on the VA, NC, KY Howards
                            because for 30 years he was trying to prove Samuel b.1762 father and decendants,
                            I charted several peoples opinions of Samuel line,
                            I work on
                            Martin b1896
                            John F. b1865
                            Silas Jessee Crittenden b1845
                            Adron Jr b1812
                            Adron Sr b1783
                            *Samuel b1762
                            *Cornelius b1706
                            *Joshua b1665
                            *I am not convinced until I prove Samuel and his brother and their history
                            What line are you?
                            Happy Howard hunting!
                            Cindy Howard

                            > What information do you have those from NC to TN?
                            >
                            > To: mailto:howard-family%40yahoogroups.com
                            > From: pj@...
                            > Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:53:47 -0600
                            > Subject: Re: [howard-family] Active ?
                            >

                            > have you found the info you were looking for, I seem to have a lot of info of others than my line. Samuel b1762 is my driving force

                            > sure could be.........mine was in Coffee Co when I first find them.........

                          • Cindy
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 5, 2013
                              I cannot remember replying to you, Howards are complex, do you have anyones name & birthdate to give me an idea what line I need to look at?
                              I have charts for several lines so I can find more on Samuel H b. 1762
                              Let me know & I will check
                              Cindy howard