Richard Howard

  • vcasteel
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2008
      Hello,

      I haven't posted on this list for a number of years. I am still in
      search of Richard Howard. It is thought that he was born in Kentucky
      around 1904. He and my grandmother were possibly married in the late
      1930's. My mother was born in January of 1940 in Indianapolis. My
      grandparents split up before she was born. He was going to take a job
      as possibly an accountant in the east, and my grandmother would not
      leave her mother, who would not move. (I've checked for CPA records
      in New York, but with no luck.) They never heard from him again. His
      parents might have been named Julian and Anne Howard. They were
      Quakers and his mother was supposed to be a minister or official of
      some sort. The only evidence, which we have investigated already, is
      a photograph of my grandmother and her son from a previous marriage,
      standing in front of a Friend's Church--no leads in the church
      records.

      Richard was married previously and had two children as well. He was
      supposed to have been born in Kentucky, lived in Illinois also, and
      was living in Indianapolis during the late 1930's. On my mother's
      birth certificate his occupation was said to be security. Not sure if
      that meant securities or security systems. lol.

      Thanks, Vicki
    • Vicki
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 22, 2013
        I haven't posted on this list for a number of years. For the sake of time I am mostly copying an old post. I am still in
[...]

        birth certificate his occupation was said to be security. I am not sure if that meant securities or security systems. He may have lived in Evansville or southwest Indiana for awhile. I have reason to suspect his name might have also been Robert rather than Richard. I would be shocked to find they were never really married. If this fits into any rumors anyone has every heard about their own family history, please contact me at vcasteel@...

        My mother would just really like to have some answers. I realize there are a good many proabablys and could bes here, but it's all we have. Thanks, Vicki