David Howard

  • rickelgin
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1 7:00 AM
      This is an update to my earlier posting.
      I have been able to do some more research into my Howard family.
      David and his wife Elizabeth had 6 children. 1) Margaret b. 1844, she
      married Solomon Hays, 2) his only son Alvey b. 1847,3) Susan Samantha
      b. 1849, married Thomas Moreland. 4) Elmira b. 1852, married S.H.
      Girard. 5) Mary Ellen (Ella) b. 1856 and married John Anderson from
      Sweden. 6) Josephine b. 1859 married Caleb Lowers.
      David was born in 1819 maybe in NY and was killed in the Civil War in
      Atlanta, GA in 1864.
    • rickelgin
      Message 2 of 10 , May 5, 2004
        Okay, this is an update to my quest for David Howard family. Last
        night I was looking through the 1830/1840 census and I discovered my
        David Howard (b.@ 1819) was in Liberty Twsp, Butler Co., OH in the
        1830's and 1840's. He married Elizabeth McKeen (b. @ 1821) from the
        same area, and her mother was the Widow Margaret McKeen (b. @ 1789).
        I believe Margaret's husband was maybe John McKeen. John most likely
        died in the mid 1830's. David and Elizabeth were married in the early
        1840's. Anyone with connections to this family???