RE: [howard-family] Descendants of William F. HOWARD

  • Howard, Carolyn S
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 8, 2000
      Sorry, I don't think I ever replied to your e-mail, Pam. I kept it, though
      - probably just couldn't get to it right then. This is my work e-mail
      address (I didn't use to have my own computer). However, I don't know
      anything about a William Howard. My husband's ancestor was an Isaac Howard
      who landed in or around Marlboro, MA about 1720, but settled in Foster,
      Rhode Island. There's even a road in Foster named "Howard Hill Road".
      William could have been a relative, but I don't know anything about him.
      Isaac apparently had a brother who went to another part of New England -
      Vermont, I think.

      Wish I could be of some help, but just can't at this time.

      Sue Howard

    • Sheree Robinette
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 8, 2000
        My Howards from Virginia to South Carolina and Georgia.

        My Howards are Southern. We came via Virginia. Heidi Howard
      • HHowardham@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 8, 2000
          My Howards are Southern. We came via Virginia. Heidi Howard
        • Tudie & Horace Alsbury
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 9, 2000
            My email was corrupted, lost url for William F. Howard information, would
            you mind resending to me? Thanks Tudie

            HHowardham@... wrote:

            > My Howards are Southern. We came via Virginia. Heidi Howard
          • Judy Howard
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 9, 2000
              Thank you. Judy in MN

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 9, 2000
                My Howard came to Virginia in the 1600s on the Adventurer. Then they settled
                in NC next then on the Alabama and Miss. then onto to Arkansas and Texas.
                Heidi Howard.

                PS I have then traced back to 900 AD
              • JPClarkAla@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 10, 2000
                  There may be a connection there. I can go back with certainty to one Stephen
                  Howard born c1681 in Nansemond County VA. His wife was Sarah Sanders/heir
                  children were: Edmund (born before 1724 - died after 1761) Stephen Jr. (born
                  about 1725 - died 1777 in Union Cp. SC) Nehemiah (my ancester) (born about
                  1745 in Onslow Co, NC -died 1798 in EWlbert Co. GA) and Obediah (born 1741 -
                  died Oct. 4, 1804 in Barren Co. KY0
                  Stephen Sr. had four brothers: James (died 1729 Bertie Co. NC0 Edward (died
                  1745 in Onslow Co. NC) John (died 1752 inOnslow Co. NC and Joseph (died
                  after 1735 in Bladen C0. NC
                  There is a strong tradition that our first Howard came from England either
                  directly to Maryland or to Virginia and then went to Maryland. I think that
                  Howard Street in Baltimore was named for one of them.
                  Any information will be greatly appreciated.
                  James Pollard Clark
                  515 Franklin Street
                  Huntsville, AL 35801
                • Bruce Landreth
                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 10, 2000
                    Hello, My Howard Ancestor is Jane(jenny) Howard md Peter Higginbotham in Egbert
                    co. Ga. and had Martha Ann Higginbotham 13 feb 1815 Atlanta, Indian Terr. Ga.
                    They moved to ky>Ind where she md Thomas Landreth of Lawrence co. Ind. Need her
                    parents and any Siblings. Tnks.

                    JPClarkAla@... wrote:

                    > There may be a connection there. I can go back with certainty to one Stephen
                    > Howard born c1681 in Nansemond County VA. His wife was Sarah Sanders/heir
                    > children were: Edmund (born before 1724 - died after 1761) Stephen Jr. (born
                    > about 1725 - died 1777 in Union Cp. SC) Nehemiah (my ancester) (born about
                    > 1745 in Onslow Co, NC -died 1798 in EWlbert Co. GA) and Obediah (born 1741 -
                    > died Oct. 4, 1804 in Barren Co. KY0
                    > Stephen Sr. had four brothers: James (died 1729 Bertie Co. NC0 Edward (died
                    > 1745 in Onslow Co. NC) John (died 1752 inOnslow Co. NC and Joseph (died
                    > after 1735 in Bladen C0. NC
                    > There is a strong tradition that our first Howard came from England either
                    > directly to Maryland or to Virginia and then went to Maryland. I think that
                    > Howard Street in Baltimore was named for one of them.
                    > Any information will be greatly appreciated.
                    > James Pollard Clark
                    > 515 Franklin Street
                    > Huntsville, AL 35801
                  • Traci Wilson-Kleekamp
                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 11, 2000
                      Hello,

                      I am also interested in the family of Obediah... in particular the
                      Howards that married into the CHISM family in Missouri -- in Morgan,
                      Cooper and Moniteau Counties. My ancestor Mary Ann Howard was a slave
                      Lot Howard who married Elizabeth Chism...Elizabeth's father Jacob
                      bequeathed Mary Ann to Elizabeth upon his death. His will also
                      mention's Mary Ann's mother as AMY. I would really like to have the
                      full will of Jacob Chism... and perhaps the wills of his brothers,
                      sisters and father. This family is heavily tied into the Howards in
                      Missouri.

                      I am very interested in any documentation, wills etc., to help me trace
                      slaves in the Howard, Chism, Hogue and related families.

                      Thanks

                      traci wilson kleekamp

                      P.S. I do have a wills and administrations book for Morgan Co MO...
                      which has numerous references to Howards and Chisms.

                      Chris/Tami Greenwood wrote:

                      > Dear James Clark,
                      > I descend through the Obediah you mentioned, who was married to Priscilla
                      > BREED (my 6 great grandparents)....through their son Joseph...and so on. I
                      > don't have a whole lot of info since I'm just starting this line...but am
                      > willing to share. Would you be willing to share what you have?
                      >
                      > Many of my Howard relatives, as I understand it, were "lost" from my side
                      > during the Civil War, when my 3 gr grandfather, Thomas "Jesse" HOWARD died,
                      > and his wife, Mary A. HAMMON (HAMMOND) abandoned the children..
                      >
                      > I apologize for sending this "private" message to the list....but I'm
                      > hoping others might recognize these names & wish to share info as well.
                      > Thank You,
                      > Tami Greenwood
                      > 106653.2014@...
                    • Chris/Tami Greenwood

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 11, 2000
                          I'd be glad to share.
                        • Bob Taylor
                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 11, 2000
                            please give me some of your lineage....from the Howards who came over
                            on the Adventurer to the ones that ended up in NC...need some names
                            and dates....we may have a connection...

                            thank you,
                            jennifer taylor

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 11, 2000
                              ty
                            • Judynwhitt@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 11, 2000
                                I for one appreciate the type of "personal" message that deals with Howard
                                information. It may have the clue I need.