It's Time to Renew (or Begin) Your HCCA Membership

  • Ros Williams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2013

      It's Time to Renew or Begin Your 2013 HCCA Membership
      It's a new year and that means it's time for the HCCA 2013 membership drive.  Don't delay, join us or renew your membership by February 21st.
      Email not displaying correctly?
      View it in your browser.
      HCCA Logo

      Building on our Accomplishments

      As we usher in yet another year of citizen action and advocacy, the HCCA board is genuinely excited about the level of engagement we've seen by fellow members over the past several months. Thanks for your support in 2012!

      As many of you know, it’s been a busy few months for legislation, and the pace will likely continue through the early summer.

      That’s why we need your support in 2013.

      Renew Your Membership TodayJoin the HCCA
      Your membership and dues help the HCCA to host more informational seminars, to hold meetings with legislators, and to be a stronger advocate.  There is strength in numbers, and only with the active participation of people like you can we truly make a difference and help to ensure good government in Howard County.

      ...and what a difference we made last year!  From zoning issues to senior issues the HCCA members have been there, helping to achieve:
      • Tabling of the proposed legislation on Community Enhanced Floating (CEF) zones (CB36-2012) for a month while working hard to get substantial amendments.
      • Passage of the Liveable Homes Tax Credit (CB28-2012).
      • Passage of the open/closed housing chart with an amendment to limit growth and revitalization allocations in any one area, thereby avoiding excessive overburdening of schools & infrastructure.
      • Passage of a bill to raise money for Belmont Properties upkeep.
      • An amendment helping to clarify housing unit allocations .
      You can read more about HCCA accomplishments here. And remember, we keep our membership cost low so that almost everyone can afford to join.  With an annual membership fee of $20 for individuals ($10 for retirees and each additional family member) we make it easy for you to join us in helping to keep Howard County government responsive and responsible to the people of Howard County.

      Current members have the option of renewing and paying online or mailing in your renewal payment and information. If you're joining for the first time, those same online and mail options are available to you also. We would like to get our membership numbers up early this year, so try to get your dues in by February 21st.

      If you haven't been active in the past, give some thought to stopping by a board meeting. Our meetings are posted right here on the HCCA website.

      Hope to see you in 2013!

      Cathy Hudson, HCCA President
      Cathy Hudson
      Copyright © 2013 Howard County Citizens Association, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:
      Howard County Citizens Association
      P.O. Box 89
      Ellicott City, MD 21041

      Add us to your address book

      Sent to rosjackwil@... — why did I get this?
      unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences
      Howard County Citizens Association · P.O. Box 89 · Ellicott City, MD 21041
      Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp