Re: [Houston NORML] New Meeting Place??

  • zalin Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005

      another poll bottom of page in July issue of Texas Monthly!.......DON'T Miss this one! currently 69 percent for.........super but short article......send a note in support.......going to send USDA documents on the hemp reintro bill to Rep. Paul soon......duane

      zalin Jones <jones64u@...> wrote:
      another pollbottom of page,more LE is NOT the answer(leading response).......
      duane
      http://www.hdonline.com/

      Cheryl Ann Nolin <snowy40@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone,
          As most of you know we have been having problems with the staff at our current meeting place, Golden Island Buffet. They also charge $30 to $35 each time. Steve and I were eating dinner at Souper Salad yesterday and just joking I said maybe we can have the meetings here. The manager was cleaning off a table behind us so we spoke with her about it.

      She said we would be welcome to have our meeting there. They do not charge for the tables and I also told her some ppl do not always eat...she said that would be fine so long as we did not "share" but they would be happy to serve us coffee if ppl wanted it. Is anyone opposed to trying our next meeting there? It is located at:

      Souper Salad
      10985 Northwest Freeway
      Houston, TX 77092
      (713) 957-3498

      If you get the buffet with a drink it will cost you: $7.77

      If you get buffet with only water it will be: $6.16

      You can go to Soupersalad.com and join the soupersalad fresh club and you get promotional coupons you can print from your computer. Please let me know how you feel about it.

      Cheryl Ann Nolin

      Yahoo! Sports

    • Tami Halphen
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
        Cheryl,  I am fine for having the meeting at Souper Salad.  It is cheaper than the Chinese place and you can even get coupons from their website.  I signed up there and had dinner for $4.99 with the drink included.

        zalin Jones <jones64u@...> wrote:
[...]

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        --
        Tami Halphen
        A Blue Activist in a Red State  -http://blueactivist.blogspot.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
          Great! So far no one else has said anything about it. I will post it to the list again closer to the meeting day. Already changed it on the webpage. Just have to do the calendar now before I forget. Hope everyone had a great 4th!!

          Tami Halphen <cannabis.flower@...> wrote:
[...]

          Yahoo! Mail Mobile
        • The Texan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 6, 2005
            I am fine with moving but I have giving out many cards

            with the old meeting address on them. I am sorry I
            just havent't been to a meeting to show them to you,
            because they are really good looking. I think that you
            just need to tell every one at the old chinese place
            of your new meeting location, so they can redirect the
            traffic. I think that a big banner announcing your
            relocation displayed in the main dinning room would be
            great. Then perhaps they would reconsider rather than
            putting up such a banner and give you a better deal.
            I will personally visit them some time if I ever get
            the chance and show them the cards and what they have
            lost out on. Carry on and I will go with the flow.

            --- Tami Halphen <cannabis.flower@...> wrote:

            > Cheryl, I am fine for having the meeting at Souper
            > Salad. It is cheaper than
            > the Chinese place and you can even get coupons from
            > their website. I signed
            > up there and had dinner for $4.99 with the drink
            > included.
            >

            > On 7/1/05, zalin Jones <jones64u@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > alad yesterday and just
            > > joking I said maybe we can have the meetings here.
            > The manager was cleaning
            > > off a table behind us so we spoke with her about
            > it.
            > > She said we would be welcome to have our meeting
            > there. They do not
            > > charge for the tables and I also told her some ppl
            > do not always eat...she
            > > said that would be fine so long as we did not
            > "share" but they would be
            > > happy to serve us coffee if ppl wanted it. Is
            > anyone opposed to trying our
            > > next meeting there? It is located at:
            > > Souper Salad
            > > 10985 Northwest Freeway
            > > Houston, TX 77092
            > > (713) 957-3498
            > >
            > > If you get the buffet with a drink it will cost
            > you: $7.77
            > >
            > > If you get buffet with only water it will be:
            > $6.16

            There is no doubt what the Founding Fathers thought of Marijuana Laws. It is a verifiable Historical fact that George Washington grew hemp.
            The Leading Political writer of the time wrote:
            "An avidity to punish is always dangerous to liberty. It leads men to stretch, to misinterpret, and to misapply even the best of laws. He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
            Thomas Paine in Dissertation on First Principles of Government (Paris, July 1795)