Fwd: 4:20 time?

  • Tami Halphen
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Bob Ramsey <b.rmz@...>
      Date: Jun 1, 2005 7:58 AM
      Subject: 4:20 time?
      To: DPFT-L@...

      The other day I had occasion to charge and set up a Palm Vx that had
      been setting for a few months and had lost all its memory.  When I went
      to set the date and time, I found the time had been default-initialized
      to 4:20 p.m.

      I guess the Palm firmware guys went to San Mateo High.

        -Bob

      --
      Tami Halphen
      A Blue Activist in a Red State  - http://blueactivist.blogspot.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2005
        I miss Dr. Babs....
        :o(

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Broken Mirror
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
          You know how on some stores it says "Mandatory Drug testing, if you use
          drugs, don't bother to apply"? Well how about encouraging everyone you know
          to go and apply and and purposely failing the drug test to cost those
          companies money since they pretty much say people who smoke marihuana are
          scum of the Earth? Just a suggestion.....
          Let me know what you think.

          Bravenote

          Fighting the good fight in whole new light....
        • Steven Nolin
          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
            i've applied to some that said they would drug test
            and spent their money. the job i'm at now made me sign
            about 3-4 times saying i would submit to a drug test
            but they haven't yet. i think it depends on the client
            the project is for...

            --- Broken Mirror <darkbroken@...> wrote:

            > You know how on some stores it says "Mandatory Drug
            > testing, if you use
            > drugs, don't bother to apply"? Well how about
            > encouraging everyone you know
            > to go and apply and and purposely failing the drug
            > test to cost those
            > companies money since they pretty much say people
            > who smoke marihuana are
            > scum of the Earth? Just a suggestion.....
            > Let me know what you think.
            >

            > Bravenote
            >
            > Fighting the good fight in whole new light....

            Thanks,

            Steve Nolin

            http://stevenolin.com

            __________________________________
            Discover Yahoo!
            http://discover.yahoo.com/
          • Dwight zzzzzz
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
              I think I've seen this sign at the Lowes stores.
              While I'm certain many in their management are against
              marijuana consumption, I'm sure their policy has more
              to do with their bottom line than their personal
              politics. They are worried about getting sued should
              an accident occur which is followed by a positive drug
              test. More than likely, their insurance cariers
              require them to drug test their employees for their
              worker's compensation and gengeral liability coverage.
              The fork lifts and tall inventory racks could all be
              very dangerous under the wrong circumstances. Follow
              the money. Dwight

              --- Steven Nolin <stevennolin@...> wrote:

              > i've applied to some that said they would drug test
              > and spent their money. the job i'm at now made me
              > sign
              > about 3-4 times saying i would submit to a drug test
              > but they haven't yet. i think it depends on the
              > client
              > the project is for...
              >
              > --- Broken Mirror <darkbroken@...> wrote:
              >
              > > You know how on some stores it says "Mandatory
              > Drug
              > > testing, if you use
              > > drugs, don't bother to apply"? Well how about
              > > encouraging everyone you know
              > > to go and apply and and purposely failing the drug
              > > test to cost those
              > > companies money since they pretty much say people
              > > who smoke marihuana are
              > > scum of the Earth? Just a suggestion.....
              > > Let me know what you think.
              > >

              > > Bravenote
              > >
              > > Fighting the good fight in whole new light....
              > >

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Steve Nolin
              >
              > http://stevenolin.com
              >

              > __________________________________
              > Discover Yahoo!
              > Use Yahoo! to plan a weekend, have fun online and
              > more. Check it out!
              > http://discover.yahoo.com/

              __________________________________
              Discover Yahoo!
              http://discover.yahoo.com/
            • Tami Halphen
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
                Yeah, but if we applied at enough places to cost them enough money it "might" cost them more than the amount their insurance would go up for not drug testing.  I have a friend that used to be in the drug testing industry.  Maybe he can tell me how much a company can save in insurance by drug testing, I know he can tell me how much they charged for drug tests.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
                  of course this is kind of like the idea that if enough
                  of us go to the police station with a joint we would
                  clog the court system. good idea but getting enough
                  people to take the time out to do it prob wouldn't
                  happen. they would have to take time out for the
                  interview which might be more than one. then the time
                  to take the test which could be seperate from the
                  interview(s).

                  http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html
                • Tami Halphen
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
                    Of course, nothing really bad could happen if you tested positive for marijuana.  Bad stuff could happen if you turned yourself in to the police.  The worst that could happen with applying for a job and getting turned down is that you don't get the job.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 2, 2005
                      >of course this is kind of like the idea that if enough
                      >of us go to the police station with a joint we would
                      >clog the court system. good idea but getting enough
                      >people to take the time out to do it prob wouldn't
                      >happen. they would have to take time out for the
                      >interview which might be more than one. then the time
                      >to take the test which could be seperate from the
                      >interview(s).

                      True, but it is a small start.

                      Bravenote
                    • Mongo
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 3, 2005
                        I've always wanted to print up some stickers to put on
                        those signs that say: "Drug users: Don't bother to
                        shop here either". Wonder how much that would cut into
                        their budgets??
                        -t

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 4, 2005
                          I've written to one of them that I was a customer and I knew there were lots of people who were customers that were drug users and that I wasn't going to shop there anymore and I was going to encourage other drug users not to shop there.  They didn't have the sign there the next time I looked.

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 4, 2005
                            Score one for the Home Team!!! Way to go Tami.

                            Kudos,

                            Bravenote

                            or if you prefer, Whacamacallit!!! ;)
                          • zalin Jones
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 5, 2005
                              there was a long segment with Angel Raich on the pending Supremem Court ruling mostly NOT complimentary with an opinion expected as early as tomorrow on Ch. 13 at 7.20 am........STAY TUNED........
                              duane

                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 5, 2005
                                i'm thinking if the ruling is against us then there
                                was suppose to be a nationwide protest 48 hours(?)
                                afterwards. i'm sure nat'l norml will send out an
                                alert if so. i am off wednesday so should be able to
                                make it...

                                --- zalin Jones <jones64u@...> wrote:

                                > there was a long segment with Angel Raich on the
                                > pending Supremem Court ruling mostly NOT
                                > complimentary with an opinion expected as early as
                                > tomorrow on Ch. 13 at 7.20 am........STAY
                                > TUNED........
                                > duane
                                >
                                > Tami Halphen <cannabis.flower@...> wrote:
                                > I've written to one of them that I was a customer
                                > and I knew there were lots of people who were
                                > customers that were drug users and that I wasn't
                                > going to shop there anymore and I was going to
                                > encourage other drug users not to shop there. They
                                > didn't have the sign there the next time I looked.
                                >
                                > On 6/3/05, Mongo <mongo_luvs_mangos@...>
                                > wrote: I've always wanted to print up some stickers
                                > to put on
                                > those signs that say: "Drug users: Don't bother to
                                > shop here either". Wonder how much that would cut
                                > into
                                > their budgets??
                                > -t
                                >
                                > --- Broken Mirror < darkbroken@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > > You know how on some stores it says "Mandatory
                                > Drug
                                > > testing, if you use
                                > > drugs, don't bother to apply"? Well how about
                                > > encouraging everyone you know
                                > > to go and apply and and purposely failing the drug
                                > > test to cost those
                                > > companies money since they pretty much say people
                                > > who smoke marihuana are
                                > > scum of the Earth? Just a suggestion.....
                                > > Let me know what you think.
                                > >

                                > > Bravenote
                                > >
                                > > Fighting the good fight in whole new light....

                                > Yahoo! Terms of Service.
                                >

                                > --
                                > Tami Halphen
                                > A Blue Activist in a Red State