Re: [Houston NORML] Fwd: 420 Band For December 12 Benefit

  • txbluesguy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
      In a message dated 10/31/2004 5:54:26 PM Central Standard Time, snowy40@... writes:
      I vote we DO NOT pay any band at all.
      Sounds like he's offering the band for free, if you pay for his sound system/services

      We're home on Dec 12....

      -Guy Schwartz
      Texaans muzikant, songwriter, bandleader, producer, filmmaker, auteur
      HIPPIES TV - Gratis webvideo's op http://www.hippies.tv/

      Houston, Texas, VSA       001-713-721-0093
      Guy Schwartz & The New Jack Hippies
      "De meest toonaangevende bluesrock hippie jam band van Texas"
                                                             -Billy Block (Western Beat)
      10 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij www.CDbaby.com/hippies

      Meer dan 30 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij www.bluesguy.com/shop

      "Die Guy Schwartz weet pas hoe muziek écht moet!"
          -Rusty Young, Nashville (medeoprichter van Poco)
    • Steven Nolin
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
        good to hear you'll be back from amsterdam on the
        12th. hadn't heard back from the email i sent to ya so
        i figured you had your hands full getting ready for
        the trip.

        if you can help out we'd definitely love to have ya.
        maybe you could give us a report of your trip too:)

        --- txbluesguy@... wrote:

        > Standard Time,
        > snowy40@... writes:
        > I vote we DO NOT pay any band at all.
        > Sounds like he's offering the band for free, if you
        > pay for his sound
        > system/services
        >
        > We're home on Dec 12....
        >
        > -Guy Schwartz
        > Texaans muzikant, songwriter, bandleader, producer,
        > filmmaker, auteur
        > HIPPIES TV - Gratis webvideo's op
        > http://www.hippies.tv/
        > Houston, Texas, VSA 001-713-721-0093
        > Guy Schwartz & The New Jack Hippies
        > "De meest toonaangevende bluesrock hippie jam band
        > van Texas"
        >
        > -Billy Block (Western
        > Beat)
        > 10 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij www.CDbaby.com/hippies
        > Meer dan 30 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij
        > www.bluesguy.com/shop
        > "Die Guy Schwartz weet pas hoe muziek �cht moet!"
        > -Rusty Young, Nashville (medeoprichter van Poco)

        =====
        Thanks,

        Steve Nolin

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • txbluesguy@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2004
          In a message dated 11/1/2004 8:11:58 AM Central Standard Time, stevennolin@... writes:
          if you can help out we'd definitely love to have ya.
          maybe you could give us a report of your trip too:)

          I could probably write that report before I go....

          -Guy Schwartz
          Texaans muzikant, songwriter, bandleader, producer, filmmaker, auteur
          HIPPIES TV - Gratis webvideo's op http://www.hippies.tv/

          Houston, Texas, VSA       001-713-721-0093
          Guy Schwartz & The New Jack Hippies
          "De meest toonaangevende bluesrock hippie jam band van Texas"
                                                                 -Billy Block (Western Beat)
          10 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij www.CDbaby.com/hippies

          Meer dan 30 cd albums verkrijgbaar bij www.bluesguy.com/shop

          "Die Guy Schwartz weet pas hoe muziek écht moet!"
              -Rusty Young, Nashville (medeoprichter van Poco)
        • tom Loud
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 4, 2004
            Dear Duane,Cheryl,Tracy, As a rule of thumb you do not pay the band for a fund raiser or benni. You really do well with new talent sympathetic to your cause. Established acts can be approched. (who said they'd vollunteer to do that?) You only pay an act when it will make you money. You can get John Kay for a couple o' thousand bucks. Hell, I hear Great White is having a fire sale. I of course will aways play for the movement. There's a minimum number of hours I need for my taxes.
             Oh, yeah, what's this MMJ thing on Sat? Can I come?
            Tom the Folksinger

            zalin Jones <jones64u@...> wrote:
            Hello,
             I vote NOT to have anything NOT connected to the germaine issues at hand.
            NO band unless possibly a sympathetic freebie is fine with me,too.
            duane

            Cheryl Ann Nolin <snowy40@...> wrote:
            I vote we DO NOT pay any band at all.

            "Tracy Blevins, Ph.D." <scientistpolitician@...> wrote:
            What do you think of this guy's offer?
            Sounds a bit pricey for not much to me.

            Tracy

            Note: forwarded message attached.

            =====
            Tracy Blevins, Ph.D.
            Medical Marijuana Barbie
            http://houston.indymedia.org/uploads/3cdp.avi
            Me giving the Beeyotch Treatment to Swift Boat
            Liar For Bush John O'Neill
            READ http://www.bartcop.com EVERY DAY

            Things haven't changed much where George W Bush comes from. Houston is a cruel, crazy town on a filthy river in East Texas with no zoning laws and a culture of sex, money and violence. It's a shabby, sprawling metropolis ruled by brazen women, crooked cops and super-rich pansexual cowboys who live by the code of the West - which can mean just about anything you need it to mean, in a pinch.

            --Hunter S. Thompson

            Subject: 420 Band For December 12 Benefit
            Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:57:42 -0800

            I saw your posting for a band 12-12-04 6-10 PM.  Please check out "Bands For All Occasions" in the musician section Houston CL..  For $120, I could provide the sound system, and do a "BLACKHATCHET" set.  If you can find another artist or two,  I would run the sound for them after my show, provide break music, ect............Thanks.
                                                                                  MBH

            Cheryl Ann Nolin

            Do you Yahoo!?

            Do you Yahoo!?