Fwd: Include a question about marijuana in the presidential debate

  • rebelljb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2012
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Jeffrey Dhywood - World War-D <cs@...>
      To: rebelljb <rebelljb@...>
      Sent: Mon, Oct 1, 2012 12:02 pm
      Subject: Include a question about marijuana in the presidential debate

      My friend Lanny, host of the show, Marijuana: Compassion & Common Sense
      (www.kcaaradio.com) just created a petition that I urge you to sign and
      share:
      http://signon.org/sign/include-a-question-on?source=c.em.mt&r_by=5690801.
      The petition is addressed to Frank J. Fahrenkopf, Jr., Co-Chairman of
      the Commission of Presidential Debates, asking him to include a
      question about marijuana in the presidential debate.
      It is outrageous that the presidential candidates keep ignoring an
      issue that has been causing so much damage for so long, and that is
      costing tens of trillions of dollars to the US tax-payer every single
      year. Still, Obama laughs about the issue and Romney angrily refuses to
      even talk about it.
      60,000+ deaths in Mexico alone is not a joke!
      Millions of lives destroyed by drug convictions, the vast majority
      African-America or Latino,  are not a prank!
      Drug prohibition is a man-made disaster that has been spreading mayhem
      and chaos over the planet for the past 100 years. The 41 years old War
      on Drugs has failed. It is time to pull the plug on it and look for
      more sustainable alternatives.
      Seventeen states and the District of Columbia representing over a third
      of the U.S. population have legalized the use of marijuana when
      recommended by a physician. Six states have marijuana initiatives on
      their November ballots (three legalization and three medical
      marijuana). $20 billion is spent each year ensnaring over 850,000
      Americans in the criminal justice system. Thousands of deaths occur on
      the Mexican border every year. Countless more die in Guatemala,
      Honduras and El Salvador. Even peaceful Costa Rica is affected.
      What other issue impacts so many Americans at such a staggering cost in
      dollars and lives and is so completely sidelined? Yet the only thing
      President Obama and challenger Romney seem to agree on is to NOT talk
      about marijuana.
      Please sign and share the petition:
      http://signon.org/sign/include-a-question-on?source=c.em.mt&r_by=5690801

      Thank you for your support

      Jeffrey Dhywood
      Investigative writer,
      Author of "World War D – The Case against prohibitionism, roadmap to
      controlled re-legalization"
      Download a free 50 pages excerpt of  “World war-D”
      Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/worldward
      Follow me on Twitter: @JDhywood
      Become a better informed activist and support global drug policy
      reform! Order your own copy of “Word War-D” and we will donate $5.00 to
      the marijuana legalization campaign of your choice (valid until
      November 1st, 2012).

      The reference book on the War on Drugs and prohibitionism

      A guide to psychoactive substances and substance abuse

      A blueprint for global drug policy reform and controlled legalization
      (Click here to order “World War-D” from Amazon)
      If you agree with our views, please share this post to support our
      cause. Send it to at least 5 of your friends, post it on social
      networks, on your blogs, etc.

       follow
      on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend

      Copyright © 2012 Columbia Communications Inc, All
      rights reserved.
      You recently signed our open letter calling on
      Presidents Calderon of Mexico and Santos of Colombia to take the lead
      of a global coalition for legalization and control of currently illicit
      drugs. Thank you for your vision and your support.
      Our mailing address is:

      Columbia Communications Inc
      13428 Maxela Ave #208
      Marina Del Rey, CA 90292

      Add us to your address book

       unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences