11950Re: [Houston NORML] Fwd: New message from John Baucum

  • Jessica Davis
    Dec 5, 2013
      A quick search brought up this website.

      On Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:13 PM, Dean Becker <dean@...> wrote:

      Can anybody fill in the stats for this guy, with references?

      Thanks,

      db

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:New message from John Baucum
      Date:Thu, 5 Dec 2013 14:26:36 -0800
      From:Facebook mailto:notification+o=9_c469@...
      To:Dean Becker mailto:dean@...

      Facebook
      John Baucum
      John Baucum 3:56pm Dec 5
      Hi Dean, how are you? I was following your post yesterday and saw you stated that HPD arrests 30K people a year for Marijuana possession. I'm working on a push card for the Harris County Republican Convention and would like to push for marijuana policy to become a serious issue within the GOP. For the push card I'd like some stats specific to Harris County and/or Houston, to make the numbers feel closer to home. I thought you might be able to help with the statistics. i.e. 1. Over 30K people are arrested each year in Harris Couty for simple marijuana possession. 2. Each year, the State of Texas spends X dollars prosecuting non-violent criminals for minor drug offences. 3. Amount spent per child on education vs. amount spent per prisoner for incarceration, etc.

      View Conversation on Facebook ยท Reply to this email to message John Baucum.
      Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic