13Re: OK, I'm here, the party can begin

  • goldnsilent
    Jan 30, 2007
      Gee whiz even I'm here, though I will have to fight the urge to lurk.
      I'm Ldy.Viviana Fiorentina from the shire of Flint Marsh, but most
      people in the SCA know me only as Moltan's wife. I'm a lurker by
      nature, even in the flesh. Are we having fun yet?

      --- In householdconsortium@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Moulton"
      <moltan@...> wrote:
      > I am here as well.
      > Changes have been made. Yes the big one was my idea, so folks dont'
      get mad at our Warden. Is there anyone on this list who does not
      consider any other Consortiumite Kin?
      > Basically we've been a "household of Shires" since our founding.
      My logic in changing us to a "household" is that we are percieved by
      some in our Kingdom as being sepratists. This has caused much hard
      feelings over the years and has in my opinion held back some very
      fine folks. If these folks look down on us now, they must be
      prepared to have their own Houses examined in the same way or at
      least be prepared to be held accountable if by no one else, Me.
      > The structre we now have allows us to perform in the exact same way
      as we did before, except with even more freedom. This allows people
      like Owen and Lochlann to remain active contributing members of the
      Consortium even though their Shire Leadership is opposed to
      Consortium Membership.
      > We also discussed removing the War-leader position and encourage
      our Fighters to attend any and all Cohort practices as part of the
      Meridian Army. We can still get together with old friends once a year
      and hold Chalice Challenge and as many Quarterly practices open to
      everyone as Marco can Stomach.
      > I personally don't know how we would have gotten a fair consensus
      on this. I've watched apathy grow to such a point that Not one
      Seneschal on the Witan Council would speak to Ld Andrew when he was
      Warden. Maegwynn faced similar struggles. I think it took what 3
      months of her calling various Shire Seneschals to get the last big
      consensus. This way, we can appoint an Elder from a Geographical
      region of the Consortium. This person would of course would be
      enthusiastic about the Consortium. That in itself will do much to
      alleviate Apathy. I've surveyed three surrounding Consortium Shires
      recently. Each has new people. Most of the new folks don't even have
      a clue as to what the Consortium is. I personally blame this on the
      folks in their groups who should be showing the way. To get an honest
      totally fair oppinion, James would have to speak to each and every
      individual in the Consortium. Seeing as how many people on our old
      list are not even Consortium Members and so few people attend Chalice
      Challenge, I don't see how this would be feasible.
      > Also our old list is inundated with people who's stance and
      position we can't fathom. If you are on this list, You are a
      Consortium Member and at least cared enough to try to stay up with
      current events in it.
      > James, Thanks for stepping up when you did. I was about to
      volunteer. My eloquence during this transititon would not have been
      nearly as smooth as yours. Geoffrey and Yseult Thanks for being here
      for us.
      > Lets not have any strangers or lurkers on this list. If you are
      here, then you care. Please announce your prescence and introduce
      yourself and give a brief history of your experiences with the
      > Michael.
      or not. I'd like to know what's going on first.
      > It seems like sweeping changes were made recently without advance
      notification or a chance for proxy voting. Can anyone enlighten me?
      > Yseult
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic