Tulpen uit Amsterdam, 2nd edition.

  • Henny Jellema
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
      At 23:07 23-6-2004, you wrote:

      Hi there,

      I've added a fix for this problem in the next release -- it's not the same
      as Michael's fix, but the effect is the same. I've also made shuffling
      dependent on the setting of the configuration screen "Shuffle questions"
      item, so Henny will be able to create flashcards in the correct sequence
      without actually editing the code, and they should start from the first one
      as appropriate.

      Beste Martin,

      What can I say to that?

      A while ago I glanced trough some of my old exercises ( to provide them with the flash player ) and stumbled over "Tulpen uit Amsterdam" .
      Martin, do you remember that I made once this for you as a way to thank you for something, long time ago. ( the message must be somewhere on this list) . I think it is still relevant, so I made a remake with the flash player this time:

      <http://www.hennyjellema.nl/bedankt/bedankt.htm>

      It shows a few things: A. that HP is more perfectionized and B. that in all modesty, I have learned a lot. That leaves one question Mr. Holmes. How much  progress is there with your Dutch?
      Let me know the results!

      Hartelijke groeten van Henny.

      H. Jellema-van de Kamp, Haarlem.  023-5420711
      werk: Lieven de Keyschool, Haarlem.
      www.hennyjellema.nl
      alternatieve e-mail adressen: <hennyjellema@...> <hennyjellema@...> <h.jellema@...>

    • Karel van Leeuwen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
        Henny,

        Although I'm not Martin I like your HP-card very much.
        Is it possible to send me the source, so I can see how you created this very beautiful (art)piece op HP?
        Greetings from Hillegom (the center of the Dutch bulbs)
        Karel

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1, 2004
          Henny, I'm ashamed to admit that my Dutch is absolutely useless. But I
          got 77% on the quiz just by guessing, and I enjoyed the music!

          Cheers,
          Martin

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
            At 21:51 1-7-2004, you wrote:

            Henny, I'm ashamed to admit that my Dutch is absolutely useless. But I
            got 77% on the quiz just by guessing, and I enjoyed the music!

            Beste Martin,

             So much for your intuition!  Since it was the last week of the school year right now, I told my students to show at the final school party that their Dutch was better now: they had to play-back and to do karaoke with this kind of thing:

            <http://www.hennyjellema.nl/bedankt/laatstedag.htm>

            We had a lot of fun. So stay on practise is my advise!

            Henny Jellema wrote:

            > At 23:07 23-6-2004, you wrote:
            >
            >> Hi there,
            >>
            >> I've added a fix for this problem in the next release -- it's not the
            >> same
            >> as Michael's fix, but the effect is the same. I've also made shuffling
            >> dependent on the setting of the configuration screen "Shuffle questions"
            >> item, so Henny will be able to create flashcards in the correct sequence
            >> without actually editing the code, and they should start from the
            >> first one
            >> as appropriate.
            >

            > Beste Martin,
            >
            > What can I say to that?
            >
            > A while ago I glanced trough some of my old exercises ( to provide
            > them with the flash player ) and stumbled over "Tulpen uit Amsterdam" .
            > Martin, do you remember that I made once this for you as a way to
            > thank you for something, long time ago. ( the message must be
            > somewhere on this list) . I think it is still relevant, so I made a
            > remake with the flash player this time:
            >
            > <http://www.hennyjellema.nl/bedankt/bedankt.htm>
            >
            > It shows a few things: A. that HP is more perfectionized and B. that
            > in all modesty, I have learned a lot. That leaves one question Mr.
            > Holmes. How much  progress is there with your Dutch?
            > Let me know the results!
            >
            > Hartelijke groeten van Henny.

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            click here
            []

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            ---
            Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

          • alida.bedford@port.ac.uk
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
              Thank you for your email.
              I am not at work currently, but will attend to your message on my return.
            • Martin Holmes
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 7, 2004
                Hi Henny,

                I'm allergic to karaoke. I lived in Japan, remember!

                Cheers,
                Martin

                ______________________________________
                Martin Holmes
                mholmes@...
                martin@...
                mholmes@...
                http://www.mholmes.com
                http://web.uvic.ca/hcmc/
                http://www.halfbakedsoftware.com
              • Henny Jellema
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 8, 2004
                  At 21:58 7-7-2004, you wrote:

                  Hi Henny,

                  I'm allergic to karaoke.

                  Beste Martin,

                  Of course.  Everybody older as 18 is. But my students tried to keep up with the speed of the text.  That was the challenge here. Was it not rapid enough for you?

                  Hart. gr. van Henny.