Re: [hotpotatoesusers] Re: cloze excercise that shuffles

  • Stewart Arneil
    Message 1 of 19 , May 3, 2012
      Hi
      If you're using Java Hot Potatoes (for example if you're on a Mac), how
      you change where JCLoze looks for a source file is slightly different
      than the process for Windows Hot Potatoes.
      If you want to change where JCloze looks for the source files:
      - start Hot Potatoes
      - open an instance of JCloze
      - choose Open Change Interface Window from the Options menu
      - in the Change Interface window, click on the paths tab
      - in the paths tab, click on the little button at the end of the Desired
      Source folder box and choose the source folder you want to use
      - in the change interface window, click Apply
      - in the change interface window, click Close.
      - close JCloze
      - open an instance of JCloze

    • vlf100100@att.net
      Message 2 of 19 , May 9, 2012
        Hi
        I did all of that and the exercise seems to be shuffling now, but now there is another problem. I'm not sure if this is related to the exercise or to Moodle where the exercise is posted. The student can log in take the quiz and check it, but the grade doesn't show up in Moodle. It just shows that the quiz is in progress. None of the other hotpot quizzes I have posted have this problem so I'm not sure if it is something connected to the shuffle or if Moodle is misbehaving.

        --- In hotpotatoesusers@yahoogroups.com, Stewart Arneil <sarneil@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        > If you're using Java Hot Potatoes (for example if you're on a Mac), how
        > you change where JCLoze looks for a source file is slightly different
        > than the process for Windows Hot Potatoes.
        > If you want to change where JCloze looks for the source files:
        > - start Hot Potatoes
        > - open an instance of JCloze
        > - choose Open Change Interface Window from the Options menu
        > - in the Change Interface window, click on the paths tab
        > - in the paths tab, click on the little button at the end of the Desired
        > Source folder box and choose the source folder you want to use
        > - in the change interface window, click Apply
        > - in the change interface window, click Close.
        > - close JCloze
        > - open an instance of JCloze
        >

        > On 12-05-03 11:52 AM, vlf100100@... wrote:
        > > The exercise still doesn't shuffle. I had several students open it and it never changes. I still have not found where to set the source file under the options tab.
        > >
        > > --- In hotpotatoesusers@yahoogroups.com, Martin Holmes<mholmes@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> I think I found the new version of your exercise, and it looks OK,
        > >> except for one slight error.
        > >>
        > >> The section "Who does Scout find under the bed?" is not inside<li></li>
        > >> tags. That's why it doesn't have a number in the list.
        > >>
        > >> Cheers,
        > >> Martin

      • Martin Holmes
        Message 3 of 19 , May 9, 2012
          HI there,

          We're not in control of the functionality of Moodle regarding HotPot
          exercises, so I think you'll need to ask this question on the relevant
          Moodle forum:

          <http://moodle.org/mod/forum/view.php?id=1599>

          Cheers,
          Masrtin