Inserting a video player in html.

  • hennyjellema
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2007
      Beste Antoine, Stan or other video experts,

      There are several video players available from the internet, such as
      the Riva player and recently I found this http://www.videolan.org
      They play video's nicely on my pc but it seems not be possible to
      insert them in an html/hot potatoes page. Then I need a player with
      extension swf or so.
      Why is that?

      Hart. groeten van Henny.
    • Martin Holmes
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2007
        Hi Henny,

        A media player may not necessarily also be a browser plugin. VLC
        (videolan.org) can be used as a browser plug-in, but my colleague who's
        experimented with it on Linux finds that it's not very flexible;
        scripting access is limited.

        Cheers,
        Martin

        --
        Martin Holmes
        Half-Baked Software, Inc.
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2007
          Dear Henny,

          There is a difference between a stand alone player and an embedded
          player. You use the flv player (lik the one Jeroen Wijering has mad)
          to embed video in a webpage. The other players are for files you first
          download 2 ur computer and then play. I recommand the flv player by
          Jeroen Wijering.

          grt.

          Antoine

          --- In hotpotatoesusers@yahoogroups.com, "hennyjellema"
          <hennyjellema@...> wrote:

          > Beste Antoine, Stan or other video experts,
          >
          > There are several video players available from the internet, such as
          > the Riva player and recently I found this http://www.videolan.org
          > They play video's nicely on my pc but it seems not be possible to
          > insert them in an html/hot potatoes page. Then I need a player with
          > extension swf or so.
          > Why is that?
          >
          > Hart. groeten van Henny.

        • hennyjellema
          Message 4 of 4 , May 4, 2007
            Yes, :-)) "dier" Antoine,

            I know your faveur for that thing of Jeroen Weijering. Thanks to
            you I got it basically working,

            Did you see by the way my Muiderslot video?
            http://www.digischool.nl/oefenen/hennyjellema/geschiedenis/kasteel/in
            dex.htm

            but I like all these "knopjes en schuifjes' op bijvoorbeeld that
            Videolan apparatus. I would love to have that in my exercises.
            And I can't find my way in all the forums and discussions on that
            website of Jeroen W.

            So it will not do much harm to get some more information; video
            stays a complicated matter, is my impression.

            Hartelijke groeten van Henny.

            --- In hotpotatoesusers@yahoogroups.com, "antoinevandinter2000"