ride4all: a new google app engine based site

  • Patrick Kelly
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      A friend and I pounded out a new webapp. It's now live:

      www.ride4all.com

      Check it out! Use it! Tell your friends! Tell us how to make it better!

      Also, I'd be happy to reveal the guts at a coders-meet. Not an
      especially dazzling app, but can serve as an intro to programming on
      Google's appengine.

      cheers
    • Seth Ladd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Great job!

        Enhancement: Add fields for times. Such as "I usually leave at 8am"
        or something like "I need to be there by 9am"

        On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Patrick Kelly <pdk@...> wrote:
        > A friend and I pounded out a new webapp. It's now live:
        >
        > www.ride4all.com
        >
        > Check it out! Use it! Tell your friends! Tell us how to make it better!
        >
        > Also, I'd be happy to reveal the guts at a coders-meet. Not an
        > especially dazzling app, but can serve as an intro to programming on
        > Google's appengine.
        >
        > cheers

      • Daniel Leuck
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Nice! This would be a great subject for the next Honolulu Coders meetup.

          --
          Daniel Leuck
          President
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
            Definitely.

            One thing I'd love to hear about is strategies for handling off-line
            work. GAE is perfect for request/response webapps. What about
            handling the common scenario of firing off a message to perform work
            in the background? I wouldn't be surprised to see Google add XMPP
            support to the APIs.