Entry-level, interesting job at UH Manoa Hamilton Library

  • tr0picalcatz
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2008
      The job description is long
      (http://workatuh.hawaii.edu/zoom_job.php?9167) but it really boils
      down to working with systems that have web front ends, MySQL or
      similar base, and some combination of mostly open source application
      programs in between. Advantages that might outweigh the not-so-great
      salary are the free tuition for classes at UH and of course the
      generous holiday, vacation and sick leave. Also my department allows
      flex scheduling, some work from home, doesn't make anyone work swing
      shifts. The job has the potential to be very diverse and could give
      someone a range of practical experience. How to reach the new grads,
      or those with aptitude with a certain level of geekiness, who might be
      thinking about going back to grad school? This has been my dilemma.
      Maybe members here can spread the word? Thanks.