Re: Tonight! Rich Internet Applications with Flex and Silverlight - talk by Ikay

  • austenito
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Hi Everyone,
      Just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who put this meeting
      together. Dan did an excellent job of presenting Flex and Silverlight.

      It was a great opportunity to meet people from different companies
      like Ikayzo and Diagnostic Labs. Not to mention all of the learning
      opportunities.

      I definitely will make every effort to make it to the next meeting.
      Hopefully we can get more interesting topics and discussions going on
      TechHui or this forum. :)

      Cheers,
      Austen Ito

      --- In honolulu-coders@yahoogroups.com, Sam Joseph <srjoseph@...> wrote:

      > Join the honolulu coders community:
      > http://discourse.ics.hawaii.edu/community/sign_up
      > Member's web page: http://discourse.ics.hawaii.edu/workspace/5
      >
      > ********** LOCATION INFORMATION **********
      >
      > This month's meeting will be held in the POST building, room 302, at
      the
      > University of Hawaii Manoa campus.
      >
      > http://www.hawaii.edu/cgi-bin/vtour?Manoa=l=POST?
      >
      > UoH parking information is here:
      >
      > http://www.hawaii.edu/parking/visitorParking.html

      > 7:15pm - 8.00pm Open Ruby workshop by Sam Joseph
      >
      > The talk abstract and speaker biography is as follows:
      >
      > Main Talk Title: RIA with Flex and Silverlight
      >
      > Main Talk Abstract:
      >
      > Flex and Silverlight are exciting rich client technologies that
      > facilitate the creation of, as Romain Guy would say, filthy rich UIs.
      > During this presentation we will create a simple photo management
      > application using both technologies, and discuss the pros and cons of
      > each platform.
      >
      > Main Talk Biography:
      >
      > Daniel Leuck is the president of Ikayzo (http://www.ikayzo,com), a
      > boutique IT consulting firm specializing in enterprise software
      > development, rich clients, localization, and offshore outsourcing. He
      > previously served as Senior Vice President of Research and Development
      > for Tokyo-based ValueCommerce, Asia's largest affiliate marketing
      > company, Global Head of Development for London-based LastMinute.com,
      > Europe's largest B2C website, and President of the US division of DML.
      > Daniel has served on numerous advisory boards and panels for
      > companies such as Macromedia and Sun. Daniel is active in the Java
      > community, is a contributor to BeanShell (http://www.beanshell.org) ,
      > the project lead for SDL (http://sdl.ikayzo.org), and sits on the
      > expert groups standardizing Java 6
      > (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=270), scientific units in Java
      > (http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=275), Java modules
      > (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=277), and the Swing application
      > framework (http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=296).
      >
      > Open Ruby workshop:
      >
      > Join Sam Joseph as he plays around with the Ruby and Rails. Bring along
      > your Ruby programming questions and we can scratch our heads together
      > :-) If you're really lucky he'll show you his new linklens code :-)
      >

      > --
      > Sam Joseph, Ph.D.
      > Co-Director
      > Laboratory for Interactive Learning Technologies
      > Department of Information and Computer Sciences
      > University of Hawaii

    • Daniel Leuck
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Hi Austen,

        Thank you for coming.  I had a lot of fun.  We hope to see you and your coworkers from Referentia at future meetings and on TechHui.com.

        A hui hou,
        Dan

        --
        Daniel Leuck