this month

  • Sam Joseph
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi Coders,

      Well I had been hoping to have a meeting this month, but I am still in
      the UK dealing with family matters, so it may be a while before I can
      organise the next one.

      Sorry about that.

      CHEERS> SAM

      --
      Sam Joseph, Ph.D.
      Co-Director
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 24, 2007
        Aloha Coder,

          Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For more info about active scaffold, go here: http://www.activescaffold.com. We began using it a few months ago and have been enjoying the benefits ever since. We can provide a general overview of how to use ActiveScaffold as well as have some of our developers share some their experiences.

        We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu. Is there any interest?

        Kevin English

      • Robert Brewer
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 24, 2007
          --On September 24, 2007 1:05:20 PM -0700 Kevin English
          <kenglish_hi@...> wrote:

          > Aloha Coder,
          >
          > Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using
          > ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For more
          > info about active scaffold, go here: http://www.activescaffold.com We
          > began using it a few months ago and have been enjoying the benefits ever
          > since. We can provide a general overview of how to use ActiveScaffold as
          > well as have some of our developers share some their experiences.
          >
          > We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu. Is
          > there any interest?

          Sounds interesting to me.
        • Ron Fox
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 24, 2007
            On Mon, 24 Sep 2007, Kevin English wrote:
            > We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu. Is
            > there any interest?

            Yes, I'm very interested in this.

            Thanks,
            Ron
          • Todd Blume
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 24, 2007
              At 1:05 PM -0700 9/24/07, Kevin English wrote:
              >Aloha Coder,
              >
              > Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using
              >ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For
              >more info about active scaffold, go here:
              >http://www.activescaffold.com We began using it a few months ago
              >and have been enjoying the benefits ever since. We can provide a
              >general overview of how to use ActiveScaffold as well as have some
              >of our developers share some their experiences.
              >
              >We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu.
              >Is there any interest?

              Yep, I'd be interested.

              Aloha,
              --
              Todd Blume
            • Sakuzaku
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
                Hi Kevin,

                Count me in too.

                Thanks!
                Cody Robbins
                Sakuzaku

                > Aloha Coder,
                >
                > Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using
                ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For more
                info about active scaffold, go here: http://www.activescaffold.com We
                began using it a few months ago and have been enjoying the benefits
                ever since. We can provide a general overview of how to use
                ActiveScaffold as well as have some of our developers share some their
                experiences.

                > We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu.
                Is there any interest?

                > Kevin English
              • Mark Johnson
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
                  Count me in!
                  Mark

                  On 9/24/07, Todd Blume <tab@...> wrote:

                  At 1:05 PM -0700 9/24/07, Kevin English wrote:
                  >Aloha Coder,
                  >
                  > Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using
                  >ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For
                  >more info about active scaffold, go here:
                  >http://www.activescaffold.com. We began using it a few months ago
                  >and have been enjoying the benefits ever since. We can provide a
                  >general overview of how to use ActiveScaffold as well as have some
                  >of our developers share some their experiences.
                  >
                  >We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu.
                  >Is there any interest?

                  Yep, I'd be interested.

                  Aloha,
                  --
                  Todd Blume

                • Thomas Olausson
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
                    Count me in too.

                    /Thomas
                  • Sakuzaku
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 25, 2007
                      Yeah, me and a colleague would certainly be interested as well!

                      Aloha,
                      Cody Robbins

                      > Aloha Coder,
                      >
                      > Camber Corporation is willing to host a presentation on using
                      ActiveScaffold to rapidly develop CRUD apps in Ruby On Rail. For more
                      info about active scaffold, go here: http://www.activescaffold.com We
                      began using it a few months ago and have been enjoying the benefits
                      ever since. We can provide a general overview of how to use
                      ActiveScaffold as well as have some of our developers share some their
                      experiences.

                      > We would like to host the event at our office in Downtown Honolulu.
                      Is there any interest?

                      > Kevin English
                    • Dave Burns

                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 27, 2007
                          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *****
                          **** H O N O L U L U * C O D E R S * M E E T I N G *****
                          ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *****
                          This month's Honolulu Coders meeting will take place on Wednesday October 10th
                          from 6pm to 8pm.
                          ********** LOCATION INFORMATION **********
                          This month's meeting will be held at the Downtown Office of Camber Corporation located in Pioneer Plaza, 900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 1410. Parking is $3 after 5pm. Municipal Parking is located close by on Bethel Street and on Smith Street. A map can be found here:
                          http://www.camber.com/about.asp?l=f_23
                          7:15pm - 8.00pm "Scala : Java, Erlang, and Ruby's Hot Three Way Love Child" by Seth Ladd
                          The talk abstracts are as follows:
                          Main Talk Title: "Rapid Development with ActiveScaffold"
                          Main Talk Abstract:
                          From ActiveScaffold.com:
                          "Most web applications have many more model objects exposed on the backend, or admin side, than they do on the front. Coding interfaces for all those models is redundant and a waste of resources when all you need is CRUD functionality that’s smart enough to handle all your ActiveRecord associations.
                          Enter the ActiveScaffold plugin. The successor to the popular AjaxScaffold project that amassed over 36,000 downloads, ActiveScaffold provides you with a wealth of dynamically created goodness."
                          Camber Developers have been using ActiveScaffold for some their administration interfaces. They'll show you how to get started and also share some of techniques for customizing it.
                          Second Talk Title: "Scala : Java, Erlang, and Ruby's Hot Three Way Love Child"
                          Second Talk Abstract:
                          With Scala, you'll find features from Java (object-oriented, Java integration, similar syntax), Erlang (massive concurrency, functional programming) and Ruby (rapid development, more concise, closures support (through functions)) brought together into one language. Scala is an excellent introduction into functional programming, as you ease your way out of imperative programming. It's easy to get started, as Scala runs on the JVM and integrates with all existing Java libraries.
                          This talk will cover the basics of Scala, give you a feel for the language, and explore how to implement massively concurrent systems. We'll also compare and contrast functional and imperative programming implementations.
                          For more information, check out http://www.scala-lang.org/
                          Seth Ladd is a Senior Software Engineer for Camber Corporation. He currently finds Scala the new hotness.

                          For more information, contact Kevin English (kenglish_hi@...)

                        • Thomas Olausson
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 28, 2007
                            Kevin
                            Your emails get moderated, let me try remove that

                            Thomas Olausson
                            (808) 497 6230

                            On Sep 27, 2007, at 1:23 PM, Kevin English <kenglish_hi@...> wrote:

                            ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *****
                            **** H O N O L U L U * C O D E R S * M E E T I N G *****
                            ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* *****
                            This month's Honolulu Coders meeting will take place on Wednesday October 10th
                            from 6pm to 8pm.
                            ********** LOCATION INFORMATION **********
                            This month's meeting will be held at the Downtown Office of Camber Corporation located in Pioneer Plaza, 900 Fort Street Mall, Suite 1410. Parking is $3 after 5pm. Municipal Parking is located close by on Bethel Street and on Smith Street. A map can be found here:
                            http://www.camber. com/about. asp?l=f_23
                            7:15pm - 8.00pm "Scala : Java, Erlang, and Ruby's Hot Three Way Love Child" by Seth Ladd
                            The talk abstracts are as follows:
                            Main Talk Title: "Rapid Development with ActiveScaffold"
                            Main Talk Abstract:
                            From ActiveScaffold. com:

                            For more information, contact Kevin English (kenglish_hi@ yahoo.com)