Mobile Internet Project Presentations Thursday 6pm POST 126

  • Sam Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2006
      This summer, students from the UH Manoa's Department of the Information
      and Computer Science (ICS) have been working hard on the ICS466 course
      "Programming for the Mobile Internet".

      Mobile phones have been provided by our friends at Sprint Hawaii,
      enabling the students to work on actual mobile devices with internet
      connections. In addition, students have been working with local
      companies such as Hawaiian Air and Bishop Museum, to create solutions
      that tackle real-world business problems. Select projects will appear on
      OC16's Flavor's of Technology. Projects include:

      Bishop Museum Mobile Access to Exhibits
      Elsie Lee

      Statistical Basketball Simulator (SBS) 2007
      Paul Whisler

      SMS Restaurant Reservation
      Kevin Yasuda & Simon Wong

      Blob Mobile Pet
      Laura Matsuo & Fiona Lam

      Hawaiian Air Mobile Ticket
      Sheryl Doi & Calvin Cheung

      Magical World of Foo
      David Schanzenbach & Brent Wong

      wBus
      Tony Tran, Yu Lin Yang and Jacky Lau

      This Thursday (10th August) the seven student teams will be giving short
      presentations on their projects, and we invite you to attend from
      6pm-8pm in the POST Building room 126.

      The POST building is on the University of Hawaii Manoa campus.

      http://www.hawaii.edu/cgi-bin/vtour?Manoa=l=POST

      UoH parking information is here:

      http://www.hawaii.edu/parking/visitorParking.html

      Best regards
      Sam Joseph, Ph.D.
      Department of Information and Computer Science
      University of Hawaii at Manoa