Honolulu Ruby Users Group - Wed 12th Sep - Downtown

  • Sam Joseph
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ H R U G @ M E E T I N G @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
      @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

      An experimental Honolulu Ruby Users Group meeting will take place on
      Wednesday 12th September from 5pm to 6pm.

      @@@@@@@@@@ LOCATION INFORMATION @@@@@@@@@@

      The meeting will be held in the offices of Camber Corporations
      Asia-Pacific Office, 900 Fort Street Mall, suite 1710

      http://maps.google.com/maps?q=900+Fort+Street+Mall,+Honolulu,+HI&iwloc=A&hl=en

      Parking is either in the building (enter from Merchant Street), for $3
      an hour or parking on the streets nearby. There are other public parking
      areas within 2 blocks also.

      @@@@@@@@@@ NEW MEETING AGENDA @@@@@@@@@@

      The meeting's agenda is as follows:

      5:00pm - 5:45pm "Ruby and Rails Just Rock" Main talk by Anthony Eden

      5:45pm - 6:00pm Discussion

      Speaker Biography

      Anthony Eden is the Technical Lead at Camber Corporation's Asia-Pacific
      Office and a partner with Saipan DataCom, developers of DotMP. Anthony
      has been developing web applications since 1994, Java applications since
      1996 and dabbles in a variety of languages such as Perl, Python, PHP and
      Ruby.
    • Sam Joseph
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
        Oops - should have been Wednesday 12th October, i.e. next week.

        Sorry about that.

        CHEERS> SAM

        Sam Joseph wrote:

        >@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        >@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ H R U G @ M E E T I N G @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        >@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
        >
        >An experimental Honolulu Ruby Users Group meeting will take place on
        >Wednesday 12th September from 5pm to 6pm.
        >
        >@@@@@@@@@@ LOCATION INFORMATION @@@@@@@@@@
        >
        >The meeting will be held in the offices of Camber Corporations
        >Asia-Pacific Office, 900 Fort Street Mall, suite 1710
        >
        >http://maps.google.com/maps?q=900+Fort+Street+Mall,+Honolulu,+HI&iwloc=A&hl=en
        >
        >Parking is either in the building (enter from Merchant Street), for $3
        >an hour or parking on the streets nearby. There are other public parking
        >areas within 2 blocks also.
        >
        >@@@@@@@@@@ NEW MEETING AGENDA @@@@@@@@@@
        >
        >The meeting's agenda is as follows:
        >
        >5:00pm - 5:45pm "Ruby and Rails Just Rock" Main talk by Anthony Eden
        >
        >5:45pm - 6:00pm Discussion
        >
        >Speaker Biography
        >
        >Anthony Eden is the Technical Lead at Camber Corporation's Asia-Pacific
        >Office and a partner with Saipan DataCom, developers of DotMP. Anthony
        >has been developing web applications since 1994, Java applications since
        >1996 and dabbles in a variety of languages such as Perl, Python, PHP and
        >Ruby.

      • Hal Richman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2005

          Aloha,

             I set up ruby, ruby-on-rails on my apache server.  I created the app demo, and when to the location http://server/demo/public and I got the correct “Congratulations, you’ve put Ruby on Rails.  But the I use generate to create a say_controller.rb, and enter the class hello --- look like this:

          class SayController < ApplicationController

            def hello

            end

          end

          Then try http://server/demo/say/hello and get 404 - page not found, same for http://server/demo/Say/hello.  I must be missing a link somewhere between apache and ruby-on-rails, but I can not figure it out.  Suggestions?

          Running: ruby-1.8.2, rubygems-0.8.11, apache 2.8.48

          I have modified the apache httpd.conf to include

          Alias /rails/ /htdocs/

          <Directory /htdocs/>

            Options ExecCGI

            AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

          </Directory>

          and htdocs is where demo lives.

          Thanks Hal.

        • Anthony Eden
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2005
            Did you verify that it works using WebBrick (the built in web server in Rails) first? If so then it is probably something wrong with the Apache config. I believe that there are installation instructions on the Ruby on Rails wiki. (http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/)

            Sincerely,
            Anthony Eden

            On 10/9/05, Hal Richman <hrichman@...> wrote:

[...]

            Computer monitoring software Java developer Java
            Computer and internet software Java developer resume Meetup

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS